HELP:Wife's EAD app returned by INS

gc_hopefully

Registered Users (C)
I applied on my own for my wife's EAD and INS returned it because we did not submit I-485 receipt. The reason for not submitting I-485 receipt is that my lawyer claims that he never received the I-485 receipt from INS and as a proof of I-485 submission he gave me the checkcopy of I-485 fees which shows the wac# and name.
I actually mentioned very clearly in the cover letter statting this fact to INS but the INS still send me back the whole application.
Please let me know if anyone got EAD without I-485 receipt or what should I do in this situation. Help will be very much appreciated.

1485 receipt

If INS has issued the WAC# then they should have definitely issued the receipt for the check they have chased right?
I guess your lawyer lost your receipt[may be INS really didn't generate a receipt for you]
You & your lawyer can try to talk w/ an IIO and ask them for a copy of I485 receipt.

Good luck
-Ply

Last edited by a moderator:
We got reciepts for I 485 when we applied for it. Why should it be different for you or anyone else for that matter? You should speak to you lawyer, specially since you want to apply for your wife's EAD.

MHJ