HELP! URGENT ! wrong name on EAD!

some some

Registered Users (C)
My name has been mis-spelt on the EAD. I talked to my lawyer and she says that I can use the EAD and explain that the name has been mis-spelt. She says the only way to correct the error is to re-file! Anybody has experience with this?

No Title

Have your attorney issue a letter on his letterhead stating that the INS made an error while issuing the card and contact his office in case of any questions blah...blah...blah. This should be ok if the mistake is not too glaring.

I don\'t think the local INS can do anything about it and the only way to get it corrected is to re-file for an EAD. This process thankfully doesn\'t take as long and also make sure that your attorney attaches a letter along with the application that a mistake had been made the first time around and that you are refiling.

I had to go through similar hoops and got the corrected EAD card in less than 2 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Spelling.

1.I would call IIO and make sure that your AP and 485 has the right name on it
2.If it is a smaller mistake ( like Omiting 1 letter or additional letter) and having a Job I won\'t worry about it.
3.If Your application has the correct spelling and INS made the mistake you have to send your Current EAD to INS thru your Lawer and they will resend you a fresh EAD card.
4. If your Appliction has the wrong name you may have to apply one more time for the EAD ( EAD only)
I had the same probelm, I enqiried all the ways to fix and finally i did not bother about it as I have a Job.

Spelling Mistake

I have spelling mistake in my last name on recipts and on my EAD but the application was filled correctly, Please suggest me the best ways .Do they correct the problem over the phone.

Thx
vRao

I HAD THE SAME SITUATION!

I HAD ONE LETTER MISSPELLED. NOT ONLY ON EAD, BUT ON EVERYTHING.
I CALLED THE INS AND GOT A REPLACEMENT EAD CARD IN 10 DAYS (CALENDER DAYS, NOT WORKDAYS!), IN THE MEANTIME, THEY CORRECT MY NAME IN THE DATABASE. SO, CALL THEM! (IT TAKES ABOUT 40 MOINUTES TO GET THROUGH)

DON\'T TRUST THE ATTORENY, THEY SAID THE SAME THING TO ME! JUST DO IT YOURSELF! GOOD LUCK!