Help to contact NSC about status ...

eppo_varum_enGC

Registered Users (C)
My PD is May 2004 (EB2/India). 485 RD is June 2005. Got RFE in July 2006 for birth certificate. Replied to RFE in 25th Aug 2006. After RFE received, there was LUD continuously for 4 days. After that no LUD, even I did second FP in March 2007.
I am eligible for 485 approvals on July 1. I believe that my 485 might have been pre-adjudicated by this time.

My current issue is my apartment lease is expiring on July. I am planning to move to different one. I do not want to make address change in this time. However, I want to move to different apartment before school starts after summer vacation, where my kid can go to good school district. The current school where my kid is going is not good. I want to know exactly when they approve my case. I want to make an enquiry with NSC to know status of my 485. Can some one explain what is the best way to know the status of 485 that was pending with NSC?

1. Calling national customer service..
2. Calling NSC directly..I do not know what is the phone number to call NSC..
3. What is meant by service request? Where/How/When to make service request?
4. I do not know what POJ method, so many talking is about that...
5. Infopass ..

Tell you what -- don't link more important things in life to this stupid GC.
Go ahead and change your apartment -- call USCIS and make an address change (and file AR11). There is even an online option to do this - but call to be sure.

There are no guarantees with NSC processing ... a lot of cases became current on June 1st and there have been only a few approvals -- hardly what anyone expected.
So don't base anything on the fact that PD is current - it means nothing to NSC.

Go on with your life -- GC would come eventually !

weell said mak2k1

Hey eppo_varum_enGC,

Well said max2k1. Don't make this NSC maniacs drive yr life. Old timers here know very well nothing is predictable when U deal with USCIS.

eppo_varum_enGC - kadavulukku thaan theriyum ??

But looking at yr case details, personally I think U should get yr approval before retro kicks in (before Oct 2007)..... but again one should realize that we're dealing with an agency which has no oversight and accountability and comes up with regulations which defies any kind of logic.

Hang in there !!

JMJ