HELP regarding AC21

GC_Chahiye

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus

Its been 365 days since I filed my I485. I have got my EAD, done FP, waiting for the good news. I am planning to change job based on my EAD using AC21. I have the following questions:

1. Can my current company do anything which can create problems for me in getting GC ?

2. What are the requirements, like what should be the salary, the job type, and also what do I need to notify to INS ?

On a seperate note, can I file my (and my spouse's) AP & EAD renewal on my own ? If yes, then how?

Thanks a lot in advance and good luck to all.

GC_Chahiye

Dont worry

You can change job on EAD under AC21. The law says it just has to be same or similar job position. Your employer can not do anything.

Actually, an employer can and will withdraw I-140 on which the I-485 is based on, unless you make an effort to part with your employer on good terms.

Since no regulations regarding adjudication of AC21 cases have been published as of yet, the withdrawal of I-140 may be honored by INS, effectively rendering a denial of I-485 application. Then again, the withdrawal may not have any effect and I-485 will be processed successfully provided a current job in the same occupation with the same responsibilities as in Labor Certification and an employment offer letter. Depends on adjudicating officer, really. Some people's cases were frozen until the final regulations are published. Go figure.

Lawyer's advice, as usual, is: "Sit tight unless you have an extremely good reason to change jobs at this time."

1. Can my current company do anything which can create problems for me in getting GC ?

YEs he can revoke your 140 and then ur 485 might get denied or u might have to appel against that decision. IF appel is granted then u will get GC depending on the IIO who picks up ur case or can be denied too. So part with present employer on good terms so that he doesnot touch ur 140.

2. What are the requirements, like what should be the salary, the job type, and also what do I need to notify to INS ?
Sarlay should be >= to LC salary and job type should be same as in LC.
On a seperate note, can I file my (and my spouse's) AP & EAD renewal on my own ? If yes, then how?

yes you can file AP and EAD on your own. Look for important thread name in this fourm and u will get the guidelines for the applications.