help, recommendation letters

yelaine

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I originally planned to do self-petition through EA and I got 5 recommendation letters so far. All five letters specifically mentioned the petition will go through EA. But now, I feel my case may not strong enough for EA. If I want to do self-petition through NIW, will these five letters be still useful?

Support letter

Basically, most types of the support letters are very similar, which indicate: your are top in your field, your work is USA-needed, you already acheived ... in your field.
For the letter used for NIW, the writer must indicate your work/acheivement is national-interest/needed at the national/international scope. Your work is critical/important for USA (health, economic, defense, trade, etc).
For the letter used for EA, it only needs indicate that you are top one in your field worldwide. National interest is not necessary.
I recently got an approval of I140 through OR less than 2 months. My letters included two points: top in the field and national interest.

yelaine said:
Dear all,

I originally planned to do self-petition through EA and I got 5 recommendation letters so far. All five letters specifically mentioned the petition will go through EA. But now, I feel my case may not strong enough for EA. If I want to do self-petition through NIW, will these five letters be still useful?
It may not be a good idea to use same letters for NIW. These two categories are quite different and hence Reco letters need to be framed accordingly.

adheer2 said:
It may not be a good idea to use same letters for NIW. These two categories are quite different and hence Reco letters need to be framed accordingly.

Agreed. Also, make sure your cover letter proves the 3rd test of NIW that why labor can be bypassed. Thats the most critical thing.

yelaine said:
Dear all,

I wouldn't use them for NIW.

Yes and No!!

If they are clearly written for EA don't use them.

But If they just mention permanent residency it will be wise to use if they mention about national interest, Labor (some of them even if not mentioning its alright) and your exceptional ability.

I know it is sometimes difficult to get a letter. My colleauge here was clever that he asked two copies of letter from each person and covered every part of both category in the letters with subject as permanent residency............

finally if you manage to get few more these letters can be used as low priorty