Help!! Received RFE today Leaving job tomorrow

rvonguru

Registered Users (C)
Anyone,
I got a new offer and accepted it. Start date is on monday and today my online case status says RFE issued. Now what to do ?
Ignore the new job and beg to continue my job with client or just take the new offer and send the letter to INS with new job details.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don't worry

As long as the new job is similar to current job and salary is same or within that range you should be ok. Make sure that you get employment letter and keep all the latest pay stubs.

Good Luck!

Provided 180 days have passed since you applied for I-485 (which is most likely as it is TSC), you can safely change employers and use AC21 if:

- job is in same or similar occupation

- salary is not below LC wage

Also the RFE might not be for employment verification, but for medicals etc.

If they are asking for employment letter, you will have 90 days to respond and you can send them a letter from your new employer. There is no mandatory rule to inform TSC when you use AC21, in fact you should provide them only with the information they ask for, when they ask for it.

Thanks for the response guys.

My main worry is I can send them new employment letter but I will get pack stubs only after 2 weeks.

If I file my RFE after 30 days, just by looking at paystubs INS will know that I provided paystubs after getting RFE and think as fraud or something ?

New job is in same and similar to Labor description.

I-485 Details
RD - 07/23/2001
ND - 08/27/2001
FP - 01/20/2003

If I file my RFE after 30 days, just by looking at paystubs INS will know that I provided paystubs after getting RFE and think as fraud or something ?

Actually you are providing most recent pay stub which is good. As long as you show proof of continued employment you are fine.

I think you should be able to show the pay stubs from the old employer as well...after all, all you are being to prove is continued legal employment..