Help plz.....

e_v

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm a software professional with master's degree.now,my employer is ready to process my GC.i have some doubts regarding GC.

1.My wife is in H4 status.can she get her H1B after starting GC process?2.Generally how many years it will take to get GC?
3.Is there any way to get GC in less time through my employer?one of my friend told that, it is possible to get GC with in an year through employer.is it possible?if so please give me some details about that.

Thanks in advance.
KV

e_v said:
Hi,

I'm a software professional with master's degree.now,my employer is ready to process my GC.i have some doubts regarding GC.

1.My wife is in H4 status.can she get her H1B after starting GC process?2.Generally how many years it will take to get GC?
She can apply anytime for H1B, and get it provided she has an employer willing to sponsor her for the working visa.

3.Is there any way to get GC in less time through my employer?one of my friend told that, it is possible to get GC with in an year through employer.is it possible?if so please give me some details about that.

Yes, it is possible. It all depends on your degree and experience, employer's business (years in business, ability to pay the wage), and your country of citizenship. But yes, it is possible to get the GC in less than a year.

Thanks in advance.
KV

Need help

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I'm an Indian and MBA graduate with 3 years IT experience.My company(employer) is 7+ years old and more than 300 employees are working. i was working here for past 1+ year in H1B.If you know anymore details/links/documents regarding this plz let me know.

Thank you.

KV

Well, the good news is you can go with Masters requirement, and thus claim EB2 category. The bad news is that India EB2 is retrogressed to Jan 8, 2003 which means people who started their labor on or before this date could apply for adjustment of status. This means you cannot go fast.

The best that could happen in your case is apply for PERM, get it approved, apply premium I-140, get it approved, and then apply for 3 year extensions on your H1B till your priority date becomes available which no one knows when it will happen. But you will not be alone, there are many people like you.

Once your priority is available i.e. there is visa number for you you can apply I-485 and adjust to permanent status, and get your green card. Good luck!

Help plz......

I have actually been doing a Masters degree from UK and for which I have not got the results yet.
But when I applied for my H1B, I had mentioned about the degree and had mentioned that I am looking forward for my results, which have not turned up good.
Now the time has come for me to go ahead with the GC but the masters (UK) degree has not been realised in hand, but I have my MBA (Systems) which I had completed from India and also had mentioned in my H1B.
What best can I do ? and not sure how / whether I can get that degree from UK now.
So will I be able to apply & get my GC without the UK Masters degree in hand ?
Thanks in advance,
KV.

Last edited by a moderator:
The EB2 requirement can be satisfied if you have a Master degree (or BS degree + minimum 5 years of experience) and the position in the LC application must require the same. So, in your case, if the position requires a Masters degree then your LC can qualify for EB2.

For you to meet the LC requirement, you need to have a Masters degree. You might have done an educational apprisal when you applied for H1 - check if that has been appraised as a Masters degree (I have seen MBA from India appraised as Masters). In that case you are all set - you need not require the elusive masters from UK.

e_v said:
I have actually been doing a Masters degree from UK and for which I have not got the results yet.
But when I applied for my H1B, I had mentioned about the degree and had mentioned that I am looking forward for my results, which have not turned up good.
Now the time has come for me to go ahead with the GC but the masters (UK) degree has not been realised in hand, but I have my MBA (Systems) which I had completed from India and also had mentioned in my H1B.
What best can I do ? and not sure how / whether I can get that degree from UK now.
So will I be able to apply & get my GC without the UK Masters degree in hand ?
Thanks in advance,
KV.