Help Pls: RD: June 2000 was transferred to INS local office NYC

olmony

Registered Users (C)
EAC 00-195
COUNTRY OTHERS
RD 6/13/2000
FP 10/31/2000

my case was transferred may 30, 2001 to local INS NYC office. that means more time? why they transfer now when it is close to be approved? what to do any suggestions?

No Title

Usually local transfers cause more delays. And it may be close to approval but depends on what your transfer notice says. If it says that preliminary processing is over... then it might be close to approval. And wait time for each local INS varies a lot. e.g. Newark takes only 3-4 weeks to send out interview notice, but Boston/Philly takes months... I have no idea about New York. Better to find out from lawyer or try to search on websites like this. All the best !

No Title

I appreciate your input; the notice, it is saying preliminary processing is over, and the waiting time in NYC is near 6-8 months. it is really frustrating to be so close and then back to queue..
I think (speculating)where the problem lies; I re-sent the i-485 twice because the first one got lost; which was found months later and cost me some complication with EAD; they tried to issue twice; and now they sent i-485 to local INS for clarifications. that\'s what aim afraid of;
thanks for your input again;