Help please?

mmrsagili

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,
I saw the following in Murthy.com.

Transfer of Priority Date
The CSC confirmed that an individual with an earlier priority date, established through an approved I-140 petition in one employment-based (EB) category, may transfer that earlier priority date for a later case filed in a different employment-based category. This can be an enormous benefit when the retention of the earlier priority date is permitted for a later filed EB case. We note that this procedure does not work if the initial I-140 petition has been revoked due to fraud or for use in a labor substitution case.

My I-140 was approved in 2001 with a priority date of Dec 2000 and I was laid off subsequently.
I switched couple of jobs and finally my present employer filed my labor in october 2003. My I-140 and I-485 was applied in Feb 2004 at TSC and I-140 got cleared in Feb 2005. Since then my I-485 is pending.

Can I use my Dec 2000 priority date of previously approved I-140 for the present case at this stage?
I appreciate your help in this regard.

My friend,
I heard about it. I have knowledge of few cases, but the best advice I can give you is to talk to your lawyer.