Help Please

qaiser

Registered Users (C)
My first EAD will expire May 11, 2005. Do I have to renew it now, or I have to wait until the expiration day? Thank you for your help :)

You are already late and its not funny. Please appply for renewal asap. You should apply for ead/ap renewals 6 months in advance. It takes 3 months for you to get a decision. I am not sure about your status if you dont get you ead on time. I guess it dependes on whether you have used it and you have 140 approved.

Yes you should have applied so you have at least 90 days before your EAd expires. 6 months is a little early for NSC. They WILL NOT start your new card from the old expiry date. If you apply this early you will lose time on your card. They put in the new dates from when its approved till a year after that.

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nscdating.pdf

I would choose "losing days" over delaying the EAD any day. I dont even know if losing days has any value. Of course you could argue that you paid for a year but get real. This is the USCIS we are talking about here.

Missing the point

I think we are missing the point here. Is the current EAD being used? If not, its a moot point. If yes, 90 days should suffice. 180 days would be a little too much considering what you will have to go through to get it and repeat the process in 6 months again.

bigbadwolf said:
I would choose "losing days" over delaying the EAD any day. I dont even know if losing days has any value. Of course you could argue that you paid for a year but get real. This is the USCIS we are talking about here.

bigbadwolf,

Were you able to have your passport stamped?
If yes, would you please start a new thread regarding Passport Stamping?
I am sure it will be very useful to know how to set up the appointment, what its required to take there, what kind of questions they ask during the interview.
Thanks
Elnegro

Yes I got my stamping done last Friday. It was pretty painless. There is no interview!! Whatever gave you that idea. Just take your approved I797C, all EADs, all APs and the passport + 2photos. You give all other documents away and get your PP stamped. Thats it. It took about 20 minutes.

bigbadwolf said:
Yes I got my stamping done last Friday. It was pretty painless. There is no interview!! Whatever gave you that idea. Just take your approved I797C, all EADs, all APs and the passport + 2photos. You give all other documents away and get your PP stamped. Thats it. It took about 20 minutes.

Great !
Congratulations on your stamping.
Did you have to set up an appointment or just show up?
Elnegro