Help please for RFE!

solodb

Registered Users (C)
I applied EB1-EA as musician last Oct, and immigration just told me that they think I have the "potential" to become a extraordanry ability ailen, and they are giving me another chance to prove it. This is a self-petition, and I did everything I could, I am not sure what more I can do to prove that I qualify!
should I get more reccomandation letters?

thanks

solodb said:
I applied EB1-EA as musician last Oct, and immigration just told me that they think I have the "potential" to become a extraordanry ability ailen, and they are giving me another chance to prove it. This is a self-petition, and I did everything I could, I am not sure what more I can do to prove that I qualify!
should I get more reccomandation letters?

thanks

Can you be more specific about what evidence you have already provided to them?

1. winner for 4 nation and international competitions
2. various articles about me on several music magizines
3. recipent of one instrument foudation, and in the roster of a management
group.
4. recorded a CD
5. have concerts in the United States including the Kennedy center, Carnegie Hall, and many different places. Have played with several professional orchestras in the States.

Which service center did you apply to, and what's your I-140 RD?

You need to wait for the RFE in mail in order to know what additional information they are looking for

They did send me a letter, but they did not require any specific thing. It just said on the letter that they think I am a "young" musician who is starting to make a career in music, but not an established international musician, and EB-1 EA is for peope who are already established. they told me to send them anything which can porve me as a established artist.

I filed in NSC, the RD is 0ct 03, 2003

Thanks a lot

solodb said:
1. winner for 4 nation and international competitions
2. various articles about me on several music magizines
3. recipent of one instrument foudation, and in the roster of a management
group.
4. recorded a CD
5. have concerts in the United States including the Kennedy center, Carnegie Hall, and many different places. Have played with several professional orchestras in the States.

I grabbed this snippet somewhere in the distant past about the criteria for O-1 Visas and EB1-EA 485's. The criteria is pretty much the same for both, but unless you have won a Grammy, then you need to SUBSTANTIALLY demonstrate international acclaim in at least 3 of the following 10 categories (at least for O-1s, it's 3/10 - it may be more for EB1-EA):

1. Prizes or awards
2. Membership in associations
3. Published material about the alien
4. Judging
5. Artistic contributions of major significance
6. Authorship of scholarly articles
7. Display of work, exhibtions
8. Played a leading or critical role for organizations that have a distinguished reputation
9. Commanded a high salary
10. Commercial success in performing arts

I am not a musician, so I cannot be helpful about what exactly to provide, but I am a graphic designer and I ended up showing that I met the qualifications in 9 of these 10 categories for my I-140/485. With the green card, it tends to be a matter of having showed sustained international acclaim... quantity matters, so for instance I had authored over a dozen papers for international publications in my field for item 6) above.

It seems like they are looking for "more" examples in the categories that you already satisfy in order to prove the subjective 'being at the very top' of one's field.

Is there any more items of proof that you could dig up to demonstrate sustained international acclaim? Because, that's really the test they are looking for. If you are not using an attorney, you may want to consider getting one to help you with the response.