• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

help please, affidavit of support

abdo

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,

am one of winners dv2010, am student,(not married) i dont know that if it is necessary a affidavit of support as a document for my interview or no?
if yes explain to me please how i can get it.

2010af00000***
waiting the second letter from kcc

You will get a definite answer from an interview. If they to require it from you, you can go out and beg any USC or green card holder for one.

Go to this site and see what is meant by a sponsor.

http://www.dvlotteryhelp.com/DVLottery/DV-Sponsor.php

Copy of the duly filled and signed affidavit of support form may be provided by the Diversity Visa lottery winner to the Consulate officer on the day of his/her interview. Those who don’t have a sponsor may show proof of their assets and Bank balances to proof that they won’t become a public charge while they are living in the USA. Also they can pre arrange a job in the USA to take the job once they reached the USA. Anyway the final decision on issuing the visa will be taken by the Consular officer at the time of the interview.

So my opinion is better to find a sponsor/sufficient cash/job offer before facing the interview. Since all depends on availbility of visa. Finding a sponosr after the interview may delay in processing your application and you may not have a visa available at that time

I am Sri Lankan who won dv 2010.
and I already submitted my completed documents which were sent by kcc with winning notifications. now I am looking forward until the second notification is received.

I put a one of my relation's name, address with telephone number who is resident in USA as a sponsor for me in those documents which I have already sent to KCC. But now he is going to change his home.
1). Normally does kcc call to this relation to confirm my details?
2). How can I change sponsor's details(address and telephone no)? Because I have already sent the documents to KCC.

3). I need to get my original birth certificate. From where can I get my original birth certificate in Sri Lanka? ( I guess Sri Lankan may help for this)