help on out of status f1 going bk to school

hope777

Registered Users (C)
help , I have 45days to decide opt expired f1 reinstatement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my opt stopped in jul 07. i stopped working and then went back as i encountered financial and health issues( need consistent health insurrance for past and future surgeries) .
I could not go back to my country where we have high political tensions and my life is clearly in danger .
I applied to a school for my master, got accepted but they want me to reapply as my sevis was transfered after the 60 days period , i am still in my 5 month window.ending in 1 week

Before reinstatement do they checked if you worked? I also already had a reinstatement in 2001( reason was political issues in my country) that took me a 3 years to be in reinsstated
What are my options ? my chances to be reinstated?

If i am going with the reinstatement and get denied , i will not go back until my surgery is done and I recover.what are the risks with my job?
ps: my fiance is us citizen but will be last option but will rather not go that way . my family in law does not like foreigners and i hate the idea of being between them specially when I am close to my family.

get married

I have the same problem. i am out of status right now and have till march first 2008 to apply for reinstatement. i consulted 3 differents lawyer who told me the same thing. " Do not apply for reinstatement just get married and file for a change of status." I decided I am going to do just that. unfortunatly, my fiancee did not receive his citizenship yet. so we are just waiting for him to get his interview.