Help on I-485 application with pending I-140

dbeyene

Registered Users (C)
Hoping that I can get some sort of advice from you guys I am writing this
request. My I-140 which was applied on July/2007 is pending in TSC. During my application of I-140, I didn't include my I-485. Therefore i want to apply for it now. The following are my questions to you

1.Based on my pending I-140 can I apply for I-485 and EAD?
2.Is I-797c (I-140 notice) is enough to attach with the supporting documents, to show them that I have a pending I-140?

3. I am living/working in midwest, that means, according to the instruction in the form I-485, i should send my I-485 to Nebraska, however my I-140 is pending in Texas. I want to know where should I send my I-485 application to Texas or Nebraska.

4. If I send My I-485 appliction to Nebraska, what will happen to my pending I-140, will they send it to Nebraska or they will continue to process in Texas?

5. Do i need to attach my medical report together with my appliction at this stage or should i send it later?

Hope to hear from you

Last edited by a moderator:
I can help you with some of these questions.

If your priority date is current as per November Visa bulletin, yes you can apply for I-485 and EAD.
5. Do i need to attach my medical report together with my appliction at this stage or should i send it later?
You attach the medical report at I-485 stage.

Yes, if you PD is current.
2.Is I-797c (I-140 notice) is enough to attach with the supporting documents, to show them that I have a pending I-140?
Yes, its necessary that you attach the I140 receipt notice to your I485 and to your dependants', if you have any.

3. I am living/working in midwest, that means, according to the instruction in the form I-485, i should send my I-485 to Nebraska, however my I-140 is pending in Texas. I want to know where should I send my I-485 application to Texas or Nebraska.
Do whatever the instructions say. Do not guess or assume.
4. If I send My I-485 appliction to Nebraska, what will happen to my pending I-140, will they send it to Nebraska or they will continue to process in Texas?
Most likely your I485 would be transferred to TSC.
I693, medical examination, is part of initial evidence and should be attached to I485. You should also submit the supplement form.

Hope this helps.

Hi freinds, I have other questions

I am here in the US with J1 visa as a postdoc researcher. Although my citizenship is from a developing country, before coming to the US I became a Canadian Landed Immigrant. Therefore, when I applied for J1 vise in one of the US consultes in Canada they issued the visa with the following notice on the passport "Bearer is not subject to 212(E) Canadian Landed Immigrant". My quetions are
1. Right now I am preparing to apply for I-485, If I apply without the J1-waiver or Advisory openion of DOS, what will happen to my application?
2. If i apply for Advisory openion to the department of state (DOS), how long it will take to receive thier openion.

I thank you in advance.