Help on I-140 question

qiuchan

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Everyone,
My I-140 (EB3) was submitted in Mid August 2003. Concurrent with I-485. It has not been approved yet.
However, my company (A) was bought by another company (B)very recently. Starting from April 1st, I will be an employee for company B. If my I-140 can not be approved by that time, does that mean my I-140 application is totally invalid from April 1st? Is there anything I can do to save the I-140 to be active?
Your help is highly appreciated.

I do not see any issue unless the company B bought part of the company A where you're working.

But I would recommend you to discuss with your own Attorney about your current situation. Make sure you have all the press release documents (if any, related to your company A and B)saved in one place, which will be useful just in case any query during I1485.

Originally posted by qiuchan
Hi, Everyone,
My I-140 (EB3) was submitted in Mid August 2003. Concurrent with I-485. It has not been approved yet.
However, my company (A) was bought by another company (B)very recently. Starting from April 1st, I will be an employee for company B. If my I-140 can not be approved by that time, does that mean my I-140 application is totally invalid from April 1st? Is there anything I can do to save the I-140 to be active?
Your help is highly appreciated.

No problem

There may not be any problem with this scenerio. One of my friend faced the same situation, and his petition was approved.

In any case, let us hope the 140 approve in this month, before 1st April. Good luck!!

jaiganesh