Help on H4 Query @Chennai

Sinde

Registered Users (C)
HI --

I received H4 query at Chennai recently asking for W2 & Tax papers from 2001. I 'm here in this country since April 2001 but the company which brought me here has filed bankruptcy that year b'cos they could not place people and due to several other reasons . I did not have any income to go baack but by God's grace we found job ourselves and switched to some other company . They got our new H1 approved , placed us etc .

I have sent my passport for revalidating my visa to st louis and it was approved but wife who was visitng India after switching my jobs used the Chennai-drop box for her H4 Visa stamping who was sent the above Query of W2's and tax papers from 2001.

Do any one in this forum/moderators has any information to share about this query - how to proceed will be appreciated a lot . Thanks a lot in advance .

Thanks
Venkat
ibothunga_venkat@yahoo.com

You might have violated your H1B visa laws when you were not on any payroll, it is possible that your wife may be denied an H4 based on your W2's income and LCA pay. Hope you have better reasons to explain the visa officers on how you had a lower income in certain year compared to the pay mentioned in your LCA. Lots of visa's have been denied on this basis.

Sushil,

Thanks a lot for promptly responding but what are those better reasons ? I mean did you come across any such case(s) with better explainations and getting a Visa or any suggested Attorney(s) /firm helping in this scenario will be grealty appreciated

I really need some suggestions to workaround this issue

thanks
Venakt