help needed with oath questions

mkv12345

Registered Users (C)
I have my oath in San Jose (in fact Campbell) scheduled for 3/22 Wed. I would appreciate help with the following questions.

Q1. Oath lntervie letter says bring "re-entry permit or refugee travel document"

what exactly is this? I donot have one. I have been travelling outside the country with my gc card without any issue.

Q2. after the interview on Feb9th, i have travelled outside the country.
is this going to be a problem? any possible questions that may be raised on this?

Q3. Does the questions on the back of letter refeer to after the interview?

mkv12345 said:
I have my oath in San Jose (in fact Campbell) scheduled for 3/22 Wed. I would appreciate help with the following questions.

Q1. Oath lntervie letter says bring "re-entry permit or refugee travel document"

what exactly is this? I donot have one. I have been travelling outside the country with my gc card without any issue.

You don't have such a thing you don't bring it. Don't forget to bring your Green Card though!

is this going to be a problem? any possible questions that may be raised on this?

Is no problem but you have to mention it on the back of the Oath invitation.

Yes, all the question are referring to the period after the interview.

Good luck, and Congratulation :)

A1: I wondered about this as well, but didn't have any of these so didn't bring them. While in the oath there were a number of people who had these and we figured out that these permits are for people who don't have citizenship information from their previous country (that's why they are refugees I guess). They needed these to be able to properly exit and re-enter the US while the held a green card. If you have a passport from your previous country of citizenship then you would not need one of these. Also note that you don't need your passport at the oath cerimony - the USCIS cannot take that away from you as it belongs to your "old" country.

A2: We travelled between the interview and oath cerimony as well and it was no problem at all. Just be sure you know the dates/places you went and tell them when you turn in your GC and letter to them. They will ask about this, so just tell the truth and there will be no issues.

A3: Yes. :)

Cheers,
Brian

mkv12345 said:

About Oath

Hello Is There Anyone From Chicago Just Recently Have Oath I Just Wnat To Know Your Interview Date Because My Interview Done On 6 March And Wating For Oath Letter Now. Help Me?

Plz Help Me

SIR CAN U TELL ME WHICH DATE U GOT FOR YOUR OATH?
I HAD INTERVIEW ON 6 MARCH IT;S BEEN 3 WEEK NOW I M WAITING FOR MY OATH PLZ HELP ME?
JoeF said:
If you have a reentry permit, you'd know what it is. If you don't have one, don't worry.
A reentry permit allows a person to stay abroad longer than 1 year without losing the GC. It is also used as passport-replacement for people who can't get a passport from their home country, e.g., refugees.

You have to give them the dates before the oath. That's it.

yes.

Thenx

As u say sir your oath is on 2/10 your signature showing 2/10 is interview date so cna u change that also if u don;t mind and tell me what is your interview date.
if u know someone who took interview in february and got oath letter plz farward me information. i m from chicago r u?
thank you again for your help
JoeF said:
First, please do not write in all-caps. That's considered the online equivalent of screaming. It is also hard to read.
Second, my timeline is in my signature. My oath was on 2/10, and I am waiting for over a month for my oath letter.
Third, according to my calculation, March 6 to March 21 is just 2 weeks and a day...
Forth, please learn patience...

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeF said:
Relax, take a walk, and continue waiting...

I may ad, take a walk once in while, I hope SUMSWE won't consider to "take a walk" from now until s/he receive the Oath letter :D :D ...s/he may end up like Forest Gump by then :D :D

Hey JoeF, it's already one month and 11 days since your interview, I hope you'll not find yourself in Publicus's thread.

Suzy977 said:

Hey JoeF, it's already one month and 11 days since your interview, I hope you'll not find yourself in Publicus's thread.

I just read the "Los Angeles, California tracker" thread.

CONGRATULATION
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation

HELLO GOOD TO HEAR THAT U GOT OATH LETTER . GOOD LUCK MAN.
I AM FROM CHICAGO IS THERE ANYONE ELSE FROM CHICAGO GETTING OATH LETTER THIS WEEK.
JoeF said:
Nope. I got the oath letter today. 4/14 is the big day.
I have to admit, I was getting a bit anxious...

Interview On March 6

HEllo guys anyone from chicago had interview in late february and march and recive oath letter. I am waiting for my OATH letter from almost 1 month. Want to know about more how long does it take to get oath at chicago.
people after me got letter except me.