Help Needed Now!

monster

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,

I have a case to present. Please share your thoughts…..your opinions/thoughts may help this person to make a decision.

Currently he is on H-1B status and H-1 is expiring in July end 2003 and I-485 pending. He filed his papers for adjustment in Jan 2002 at CSC. He was filed as Software Engineer with a specific job desc.

In May 2002, his company went down and he did not get any pay till Sep 2002. In Sep, he found a job in a law firm. Firm agreed to pay him exactly half of his salary on the labor certificate. What he did was took that money and got paystubs from his old company to make sure that in case of any RFE from BCIS. He wanted to show that he is still employed with them. He is paying his tax and employer tax and getting his check from that company.

Since Firm knew that he was paying 2 times taxes. Now they have offered to hire him and run his payroll thru firm and they are willing to do portability in case if BCIS comes with RFE. Firm is going to show as a part time (20 hrs a week) position since his salary is exactly half on the labor certificate. But this firm can try and match his job description, since firm has multiple branches.

If you were him, would you take up this offer and what are pros and cons.

It all depends on how desperate you are. Paying twice much tax is a PITB. Also, being Jan 2002, it is hard to say how long you'd be waiting. It could happen tommorow, or not for another year.

For now I'd take up the offer, but keep looking for another job, and being Jan 2002, do it quick. Pray to god that your friend gets a job and go through atleast 3 paystubs before INS sends your friend an RFE.

Try and arrange a 40 hour job which pays closer to your LC mentioned salary. At times INS asks for W2's also, as an RFE, what do his W2's state?

(You = your friend .. you get it .. I was too lazy to edit the above message)

hi

State - CA

If they ask for paystubs..he did only half of his salary last year and it reflects on W2 last year.