help needed getting layoff after six month of applying I485

ali naj

Registered Users (C)
Please help me out. I applied i485 about six months ago. My company is laying me off. I got ref and just replied. Is there any way I can save my green card processing. If I get approval in next 2 months, can I go to INS office for passport stamping without a job?Can I work somewhere else?

No Title

Hey Ali,

Write to Rajeev Khanna, he is quite competent. Please let us know what he says and what you find.

EW

No Title

Doesn\'t the new law help? If the application has been submitted for more than 180 days, you should be able to switch jobs easily.

No Title

Ali,

In a situation like this, you should try to look for a similar type
of job quickly. This will save your I-485.

ciba

No Title

if ali has a EAD, with his 485 pending, he is not out of status, is he? so he can find another job until the EAD expires. if he get approval, then he is ok. the only danger is a rfe is issed. am i right?

No Title

hi, come on, you said PD 9/20 in your previous post, now ND 9/20. with ND 9/20 and you got yout FP done on 11/1? that\'s impressive. when did you receive your FP notice?

No Title

well well, i am still confused. why don\'t you post in detail:

pd,
rd,
nd,
fp receipt date.
fp date.

No Title

pd current
rd,nd (do not know whatis the difference) 10/20
fp receipt date oct 15
fp done nov 1st.
ap dec 5th
ead dec 20th
ref jan 12

No Title

hi, give me a break, rd ND 10/20 and fp notice 10/15? and fp 11/1? i don\'t want to be rude. but you couldn\'t get it right in 3 trys. come on, don\'t give us the crap here. what are you up to?