Help needed for H1B stamping in chennai, india

andrew77

Registered Users (C)
hi,

my h1B was approved in March 2004. but i couldnt go to the chennai consulate for stamping due to personal reasons.now i got an appoinment to go to the consulate next month. i am making arrangemnt for all the papers they would ask me when i go for stamping. since my papers got approved in march 2004 and i am going for stamping in sept, is it a problem. should i need any additional documents to support me.
question2.) my company said they will give the offer letter with august date. but i thought the offer letter should have the date when the company applied for my H1B. am i right? or i can take the offer letter with august date even though my H1B was approved in march 2004.

i appreciate any input s on this.

thanks

andy

1) Its not a problem that you are getting it stamped in sept when your H1 was approved in march.

2)

Your 2nd question is not very clear.....are you working for the the company that sponsored the H1 in march. If yes then YOU MUST have the offer letter dated march or earlier......logically if you are working for them on H1 you will have an offer even before you started.

If you are not working for them...and plan to work in future then...
i would still have a formal offer letter dated march and one more letter dated august addressing to chennai consulate requesting to issue visa and also mention along the lines that they need you to start your work ASAP or a specific date.