Help: Name Check Pending since Sept 2003

Texaswala

Registered Users (C)
Hi all: I got an email from FBI saying that my name check is still pending since Sept '03. My wife's name check was cleared in Sept '03.

All the gurus out there pls advise what I should do to get my name check cleared.....

Thanks a ton in advance! Really appreciate your help.....
Texaswala

I am in the same boat texaswala!

I am in the same boat texaswala. I went to USCIS last week to know
the status of my case and found out that my name check has been
pending since 2003. And I am not from one of those Special Registration
countries.

My guess is, FBI must be waiting on the info from my home country.
Don't know for sure though. As someone suggested, patience is
the best medicine for now as I have nothing else to do :confused:

//

howdy_howdy said:
I am in the same boat texaswala. I went to USCIS last week to know
the status of my case and found out that my name check has been
pending since 2003. And I am not from one of those Special Registration
countries.

My guess is, FBI must be waiting on the info from my home country.
Don't know for sure though. As someone suggested, patience is
the best medicine for now as I have nothing else to do :confused:

//

Did you check with the Senator for your state?

(Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer; Please consult a lawyer for legal advice)

Don't just sit and wait. Patience might NOT be the best medicine, esp when it comes to the immigration process! Look at the "My name check experience" thread in the US citizenship subforum. You might find some useful info as to how to facilitate communication with the FBI. Good luck!!!

Folks: First of all, thanks to all of you for replying and giving me some very valuable advise.

Pls keep your thoughts coming. I saw the My Name Check experience in the Citizenship forum. Not sure if the Senators/Congressmen provide similar support to Green Card applicants as to Citizenship applicants. Any ideas??

FYI, I am not from a Special Registration country. I send an email to FBI on Nov, 03 and got reply last week.

Thanks again!

Good point. But try to talk to some senator/congressman in your region anyway. That's better than doing nothing. I also remember reading about some key persons at the FBI who might be able to help expediate name check. I cannot recall which thread/subforum, but it was mentioned in a description of some GC saga by a person who waited so so long just because of name check, but finally got approved (so it was a happy ending story after all). Spend some time searching this forum using key words like FBI and name check. Good luck!!!

FBI name check

How does one find out if the FBI has processed/cleared their name check? Is there a way I can check that besides emailing?Please advise of any forum that discusses this issue. Thank you.

As I mentioned earlier, it took them 4 months to come back with that info (Nov end-March end). I gave them my full name and DOB.

Waiting for FBI response on Name Check since Nov 17, 2004

Texaswala said:
As I mentioned earlier, it took them 4 months to come back with that info (Nov end-March end). I gave them my full name and DOB.

I sent e-mail to FBI for Namecheck...and Waiting for FBI response on Name Check since Nov 17, 2004..fyi..

I am in a similiar situation. My email of october 2004 was answered by FBI after 3.5 months and my Name check is pending since Oct 2003.
Other than contacting Mr Hardy (FBI Name Check director) i dont see any recource.But i probably gonea wait a little more before i get desperate.

Guys I am in a same situation. My name check is pending since August 2003. I have emailed FBI 3 times since january 05 and contacted a senator 2 month ago and havnt heard from neither one. I dont know what else we can do.