HELP!! motion to reopen recd; RFE sent to VT got lost

green guy

Registered Users (C)
I sent reply to RFE on July 20th. Finally after waiting for 2 months I got a letter that Vermont-INS never received reply to RFE and I-485 is considered abondoned.

My lawyer sent a letter with all FEDEX receipts with a motion to reopen the case. Now when I call INS Vermont it says INS-VT received motion to reopen (I-290A) on Oct 16th and it takes between 30-180 days to process this application. Now it is already past 45 days and I haven\'t heard anything. Guys pls HELP !!

1. Has anybody gone thro this situation (at RFE stage getting lost FEDEX)?
2. What will happen next?
3. How long I have to wait?
4. Is it helpful to talk to IIO( My lawyer says it won\'t help much unless the processing time 180 days are over) ?

Thanks

Sending RFE in FEDX might be a problem...

I am not an expert, but I guess you should not send RFE in a FEDX since the INS issued return envelope is not visible outside.
This RFE sits along with other packets in the mail room for months to get opened by the mail room people or IIOs. I heard INS send a return envelope that has the Reciept no on it. When you send RFE reply in the envelope the mail room people send that directly to the officer based on the no. This is my guess. Only poeple who responded to the RFEs can tell whether I am right or wrong. Soory to hear this .

Any update on your case??

longwaytogo:

Did you get any update on your case?

I filed MTR and just wanted to know how long it took in your case?