Help me what should I do

shanmohit75

Hello Guys,

I'm new to this forum and would really apprecaite, If somone please take out a moment in answering to my question. Well, I'm a GC holder living in North Carolina. I am going to get marrige in the month of Nov. in India. As usual, I didnt do my homework of finding out the complications of the wait period for GC holders spouse. But here i am.

So please tell me what should I do to bring her to us as soon as possiable. I know that I have to fill I 130 form or that processure will take 3-4 years, Can we apply V visa for my spouse to get her here as soon and hopefully after a year, She can be eligible for the visa. or can i file visitor visa. give us batter suggestion after that we can follow the rules.

Is this true? Well I dont have any information. Was little curious after i heard from someone and wanted to get a double opinion here. If somebody is also in situation like me, would you please share your thoughts with me?
I would definately apprecaite your time and suggestion.

Many thanks,
:)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I do not believe that you are eligible for the V Visa. This is because according to the current ruling you must have filed on or before 21st December 2000 and have been waiting 3 years. Please see the following from the Governments own internet site 'US Citizen and Immigration Service'
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdinonimm.htm

Who is Eligible?
A person may apply at a U.S. consulate abroad for a V-1 or V-2 visa or seek V-1 or V-2 nonimmigrant status while in the United States, if that person:

is lawfully married to a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States (V-1), or is the unmarried child (under the age of 21) of a Lawful Permanent Resident (V-2); and
is the principal beneficiary of a relative petition (Form I-130) that was filed by the Lawful Permanent Resident spouse/parent on or before December 21, 2000; and
has been waiting at least 3 years since the petition was filed for status as a Lawful Permanent Resident because the petition is still pending, or has been approved but:
an immigrant visa is not yet available; or,
there is a pending application to adjust status or application for an immigrant visa.

:(