help me to understand

shanku1973

Registered Users (C)
Hi Experts,

Please help myself to understand the "visa number retrogression on January 1, 2005". Almost everyone talks their case with reference to this.

I dont know about it and would like to know what it is and how it would affect my case.

Mine:I140/I485 concurrent filing on July 2004. EB2.
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Shan

it means your 140 will continue being processed by USCIS but your 485 has to wait to be processed when visa number is available after Jan 1,2005. it will take years. but you can use AC21 to change job after your 140 is approved.

Shanku1973 you are OK , you are EB2 and retrogression applies only to EB3. No need to worry now.

shanku1973 said:
Hi Experts,

Please help myself to understand the "visa number retrogression on January 1, 2005". Almost everyone talks their case with reference to this.

I dont know about it and would like to know what it is and how it would affect my case.

Mine:I140/I485 concurrent filing on July 2004. EB2.
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Shan

Hi honeysusu, stonewall and others,

Thanks for your reply.

so EB2 dont need to worry about this?. And what is this visa number. Is it different from the one we get for h1b?. does eb2 get visa number and if so when?.

apologies for my naive questions.

Based on my filing date, any guess(rough estimate) on dates for finger print and approval?

Thanks again,
Shanku

shanku1973 said:
Hi honeysusu, stonewall and others,

Thanks for your reply.

so EB2 dont need to worry about this?. ---------- FOR NOW YOU ARE OK
And what is this visa number. ------- SEARCH THE FORUM.
Is it different from the one we get for h1b?. _---------YES
does eb2 get visa number and if so when? --------- AFTER YOUR I-140 IS APPROVED AND I-485 IS READY FOR APPROVAL USCIS WILL REQUEST DOS FOR ONE.

apologies for my naive questions.

Based on my filing date, any guess(rough estimate) on dates for finger print and approval? WHAT IS YOUR PRIORITY DATE( i.e the date when your application for LABOR CERTIFICATION was received by the SESA )? IT depends on that

Thanks again,
Shanku

Hi,

My PD is sep 30, 2003,
I140/I485 concurrent filing july 23, 2004.
EB2

Recently saw a memo that mentions EB2 would be affect by visa visa number retrogression on January 1, 2005.

Based on this, I assume my I140 would be approved first and then I485 separatly.

Any guess on timeline?

FP notice not yet received.

Thanks in advance,
Shanku

shanku1973 said:
Hi,

My PD is sep 30, 2003,
I140/I485 concurrent filing july 23, 2004.
EB2

Recently saw a memo that mentions EB2 would be affect by visa visa number retrogression on January 1, 2005.

Based on this, I assume my I140 would be approved first and then I485 separatly.

Any guess on timeline?

FP notice not yet received.

Thanks in advance,
Shanku

Dude,

You have nothing to worry. Your's is EB2 and retrogression is for EB3 (Right now)

Hi,

I am sailing in the same boat too. Mine is EB2 category with PD of September 2003 (concurrent file). Couple people tells that this retrogression is for both EB2 & EB3. Some tells it is for EB3 only. I am highly confused. Do you think I should check with my lawyer & initiate an inquiry regarding this case. My 140 & 485 both are of sep 2003 - EB2 concurrent

tjshah,
Rrtrogression is only for EB3 as of now.However there was a internal memo recently to start approving 140's independently of 485 irrespective of the categories.This was to facilitate AC21 .However as of yesterday both EB3 AND EB2 applications were getting concurrently adjudicated,irrespective of the priority dates.However a new twist to this has come from Attorney Murthy as she says that even though eb3 485's can be approved you will not be stamped unless your priority dates are current.EB2 's don't have to worry about this anyways as they are current.
Hope this helps.Its best to ask a lawyer however.

gcbandwagon
thank you for your reply. it helps you know!!!!!. I have already sent an email to my lawyer regarding the same concern. I am waiting for his reply. Once I get it I will post it.
Thanks