help--Letter for Marriage Verification from friends

maverick17

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am wondering if someone can provide me with the sample letter/ affidavit which I can get from my friends and family as an proof that the marriage is legal.

Thanks

here is a sample

To whom it may concern:

My date of birth is 7/13/46 and I was born in Glasgow, KY 42141. Please be advised that I have known (name of US citizen) since 1992, and (name of immigrant spouse) since their marriage in June, 1998. I have entertained them in my home and maintain regular contact with them. They demonstrate an ongoing sound, felicitous relationship and I anticipate their marriage will remain a lifetime commitment.

here's more

To whom it may concern:

This is written in regards to my observation that (name of happily married couple) live happily together as husband and wife. (Immigrant’s) son (name of k-2 child) also lives in the home and has his own room in the downstairs living quarters.

I have spent time in their household every two weeks or so since right after (US citizen spouse) and (immigrant spouse) were married. We have spent time together on a regular basis more or less as friends. To the best of my knowledge they seem to operate as a very happy family.

(Immigrant spouse) and (US citizen spouse) appear to be very devoted to one another and their children which is evident each time that I visit their home. Their home environment is very comfortable and relaxes with the happiness within showing outward in each member of the family.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me at the following information:

(Contact information included date and place of birth)

Thank you for the opportunity to share this information with you.

Does it need to be notarized or not? (letter from friends) Just wondering if they have to include their SSN too and other personal information or looking at the sample letters just their name and date of birth is enough...THANKS!!!!

yes it needs to be notarized. I don't think SSN is necessasry. they will need the date, name, address and tel no. I also attached the copy of their driver's license to the letter too.