HELP!!Just heard my case is under Security Check!

Registered Users (C)
EB2
I-485 RD Feb 25, 2003

Made an inquriy and was told my case is under security check. Does any one have the same experience?? How long does it take to get cleared? Is this same as Name check?

Please advise. I am so frustrated!!

97755 said:
EB2
I-485 RD Feb 25, 2003

Made an inquriy and was told my case is under security check. Does any one have the same experience?? How long does it take to get cleared? Is this same as Name check?

Please advise. I am so frustrated!!
"Security Check" is the standard coverup pharse used by CIS for stonewalling the enquiries. My friend's case was approved several months before but was not updated due to CIS computer glitch, they kept telling him his case was under "security check" for more than 4 months after approval!

I really appreciate your reply. However, now they are processing cases on or after Mar 01, 2003. Mine was received Feb 25, 2003. Why my case is still not approved?

Is there a way to explain this situation??

Thanks!!

I think the processing date is referring to USCIS processing date, not the FBI name check date, please send an email FBINNCP@IC.FBI.GOV to check your name check status. It takes 4 months to receive your reply. Give them OUR NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, CITIZENSHIP AND A #.

See my signature for details. My security check has been pending since Dec 2003. Incidently, my wife's check was completed in Dec 2002, and I am the primary.

If you are stuck with the FBI, and the published USCIS processing dates mean nothing to your case.

Do you have any clue why the case is pending security check? Is there anyway to push it forward, like contact senator's offices.

frodo said:
My case dates back to pre-concurrent processing days, and my I140 was approved in March 2002.

yuren said:
Do you have any clue why the case is pending security check? Is there anyway to push it forward, like contact senator's offices.
I've no clue why it's pending, and FBI keeps assuring they are working as 'expeditiously' as possible, and my local congressman says wait for the security check to be completed.

They won't give u information over the phone, but the number is

FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625

Sorry no pun intended but welcome ot the club. I received a no records found from FBI in response to my FOIA request. It just takes them few minutes I guess to check another database to make sure I am clean. I don't have a very common name at least first so I do not know what the problem is . Maybe it is stuck at some analysts table till he can spare a few minutes of his precious time.

I think no records found means "good".

Correct me if somebody think I am wrong, by the way, when do you send the request.