Help - issue a pssport for child under 16 - father out of the country

hamelionche

Registered Users (C)
Hi I need some help.
I have Oath Ceremony on 12-th of August. I have 3 years old girl born abroad with green card living with me in USA. My husband is living in another country. My questuion is - what is the fastest way to get passport for her. And what documents I have to attach with her application. In the instructions of the application for passport ask for notarized written statement consenting to passport issuance of the missing parent - because both parents have to sign the application. There is one more option and it says "A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent`s unavailability" - Is this something like Affidavit from me explaining that my husband is not in USA???? If not - what exactly they mean with this option?
And what if he make this written notarized statement - can I show just copy or I have to show the original signed by my husband? Thanks

For your three year old you have to apply for her N600 ........

Where to File :

Submit this application to the USCIS Field Office with jurisdiction over your place of residence.
Filing Fee :
$460; if filing on behalf of an adopted minor child, $420.
Special Instructions :

Submit three identical color photographs of the applicant, taken within 30 days of the filing of this application. The photos must:

- Have a white to off-white background

- Be printed on thin paper with a glossy finish

- Be unmounted and unretouched.

IMPORTANT: laser printed digital photos need to have (1) been taken by a high resolution camera with at least 3.5 mega pixel resolution, and (2) have no visible pixel or dot pattern. Otherwise, they will be rejected.
Passport-style photos must be 2” x 2”. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view. Head height should measure 1” to 1 3/8” from top of hair to bottom of chin, and eye height is between 1 1/8” to 1 3/8” form bottom of photo. Your head must be bare unless you are wearing a headdress as required by a religious order of which you are a member. Using pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and Alien Receipt Number on the back of the photo. See the link to the State Department’s guidance on passport photos in the upper right of this page, under the heading of RELATED LINKS.

NOTE: DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE, IT CAN BE DONE THROUGH AN INFOPASS APPOINEMNT AT YOUR LOCAL DISTRICT OFFICE.

The N-600 is not necessary right now, as the naturalized parents can directly apply for a passport for the child without the N-600. Of course, the N-600 is useful in the long run as an unexpiring proof of citizenship.

And what if he make this written notarized statement - can I show just copy or I have to show the original signed by my husband? Thanks
Notarized statements need to have the original signature of the person signing it (your husband) as well as the original signature and stamp of the notary. Otherwise it really isn't a notarized statement, it's only a copy.