Help I485 (employment based) transfered to Seattle Local office

cclee2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Online status just showed that my employment based I485 case was transfered to Seattle Local office.

When will I hear from the local office?
What should I expect?

My info:
Sumitted I485 in Nov 2002.
No longer working for the employer that sponsored the I485 application. (Was laid off)
Now, working as a contractor.
Moved to a different city in the same State (Washington State).

Thanks.

CC :(

cclee2002 said:
Hello,

Online status just showed that my employment based I485 case was transfered to Seattle Local office.

When will I hear from the local office?
What should I expect?

My info:
Sumitted I485 in Nov 2002.
No longer working for the employer that sponsored the I485 application. (Was laid off)
Now, working as a contractor.
Moved to a different city in the same State (Washington State).

Thanks.

CC :(

An update:

I got a letter from Nebraska.
"This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the folling INS office for processing
Seattle"

Is this a good thing or not?? :confused:
Thanks.

CC

My I-485 application was filed with NSC in dec 2003 (based on my husband's case which was filed in Jun 2002). Both our application got transferred to Seattle District Office on July 14, 2004 and we had interview notices sent on Aug 17, 2004. The interview was on Sep 17, 2004 and my husband's case was approved at the interview and mine is still pending for Secuirty check (background check) with FBI.

Since you have stated that you have changed employers since filing I-485, did you file for AC 21 on getting your new job? Also have you been with your original employer atleast for 6 months after filing the I-485 application?

SSV2004 said:
My I-485 application was filed with NSC in dec 2003 (based on my husband's case which was filed in Jun 2002). Both our application got transferred to Seattle District Office on July 14, 2004 and we had interview notices sent on Aug 17, 2004. The interview was on Sep 17, 2004 and my husband's case was approved at the interview and mine is still pending for Secuirty check (background check) with FBI.

Since you have stated that you have changed employers since filing I-485, did you file for AC 21 on getting your new job? Also have you been with your original employer atleast for 6 months after filing the I-485 application?

Thanks for the reply, SSV2004

No, I haven't files AC21 because I don't have a full-time job.
I have been the original employer for more than 6 months after I-485.

CC

Hi,
In my husband's case, he left his I-485 filing employer 1 year after filing of I-485 (filing Date Jun 2002) and applied for AC 21 in Dec 2003 based on his employment with a new company. He was asked for employment letter during the interview at Seattle office in Sep 2004.
Most cases which are transferred to local offcies that I am aware of are being called for interview for verification of information. So I suggest you contact an immigration lawyer immediately and get some help.

Also refer to discussions on this forum regarding Change of Employer and AC 21. Thsi may be helpful.

Best of Luck