Help! I forgot to send copy of my greencard along with N-400

TwoScoops

Help! I forgot to send copy of my greencard along with N-400....

Just realized it's still sitting next to the photocopy of the
N-400 forms... :(

Should I immediately send the greencard photocopy,
along with an explanation?

Or should I wait until the USCIS notifies me that they
didn't get it?

Thanks!

didn't get it?

Thanks!

Hi,
I would not worry about sending the green card copy until the interview process. If the USCIS feels they need your green card copy they will issue an RFE. Hope this is helpful. Have a great weekend.

Hi,
I would not worry about sending the green card copy until the interview process. If the USCIS feels they need your green card copy they will issue an RFE. Hope this is helpful. Have a great weekend.

Not an RFE.. they will ask u to bring it with you when u come in for the interview.

didn't get it?

Thanks!

Not trying to be rude.For someone who asks so many questions .You would think you have had check list prior to sending in you app:D .Just relax.I gurantee you,package will be returned to reapply.Since copy of GC is the only way to confirm, if you are eligible or inelegible to apply.Just pray they dont keep the 400$ and make you resubmmit .

I did not send my greencard copy too.

I did not send my green card copy along with my N400 application. The package was not sent back to me. My FP was also done successfully on 03/07. I guess they are happy with the A number provided on the application. My timeline is,

Service Centre : VSC
Districy Office : Newark
Receipt Date : 02/09/2007
FP Date : 03/07/2007

I am agree with citizendude. There is nothing like sending application back.I have seen similar case of my relatives. Father and daughter applied N400, both forget to put GC copy.Father had interview first, at that time he realise that he need to put GC copy.Officr said mailed it.After few days daughter had interview.She gave GC copy directly to officer saying that'By mistake i forgot to put copy of GC and he took it' so dont worry give at the time of interview

Lol

TwoScoops, on a lighter note what country are you from? I too am inquisitive about you seeing your theatrics here:)

You do seem to plan real ahead long before something is due, but when executing it mess up the fine details:confused:

Not trying to be rude.For someone who asks so many questions .You would think you have had check list prior to sending in you app:D .Just relax.I gurantee you,package will be returned to reapply.Since copy of GC is the only way to confirm, if you are eligible or inelegible to apply.Just pray they dont keep the 400$ and make you resubmmit .

thanks for the the replies!

I guess I shouldn't worry to much, unless I hear otherwise from the USCIS...

I did make a call to the USCIS's 800 number. The agent told me that he
cannot tell me anything, since it's been less than 15 days after I mailed
the N-400 forms. However, he said it doesn't sound like a big problem.
If needed, they'll just send me a notice to mail in the copy. By the way,
I'm am super surprised at how courteous, patien, and polite the USCIS
agent was!
Are these guys actual USCIS agents or are they just
some contracted call center employees? :)

thanks for the the replies!

I guess I shouldn't worry to much, unless I hear otherwise from the USCIS...

I did make a call to the USCIS's 800 number. The agent told me that he
cannot tell me anything, since it's been less than 15 days after I mailed
the N-400 forms. However, he said it doesn't sound like a big problem.
If needed, they'll just send me a notice to mail in the copy. By the way,
I'm am super surprised at how courteous, patien, and polite the USCIS
agent was!
Are these guys actual USCIS agents or are they just
some contracted call center employees? :)

Like we all are saying you ask too many unneccesary/irrelavant questions.Dont you think it would have been wise asking him .If he was on DHS payroll or some contracted.Why would you think someone on this thread waste their improtant time to find out, if they are DHS employee or someone outsourced.:rolleyes: