Help! I-140 Pending, H1 Expiring

In-Delema

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,

I am into a problem.

My company has applied i140 on 23 Sep, 2003 at NSC concurrently and I am still waiting for approval.

My H1 is expiring on 10 Aug, 2004. I can still renew it for 2 more years as
I will be completing 4 years on H1.

My Company is saying that it is not necessary to renew H1 as I already have
EAD till Jan 2005.If I want to renew it, I will have to pay for it.The lawyer says it will cost $1500 to file for H1 extention.

What do you guyes say???

Thanks

Well, if I were you I would definitly go for the H1 extension, no questions. No matter what your company says it is just too risky to work on EAD with a pending I-140.

As far as who pays for it, that is between you and the company. You can pressurise them/negotiate with them on that, but NOT on whether to go or not for the extension.

Bottomline is just don't try to save the $ 1500 and not go for the extension.

contact other immigration attorneys

This might help you:
I am in a similar situation. Both me and my wife are on H1s, my wife's H1 is expiring in Sept. The attorneys for her company asked for $1500. I contacted my attorneys, who are processing my GC - they said they would do it for $450!!

$1500 for an H1 extension is a money making racket!

The paperwork is straightforward, I know of friends who have done it on their own.

sertra2002 said:
Well, if I were you I would definitly go for the H1 extension, no questions. No matter what your company says it is just too risky to work on EAD with a pending I-140.

As far as who pays for it, that is between you and the company. You can pressurise them/negotiate with them on that, but NOT on whether to go or not for the extension.

Bottomline is just don't try to save the $ 1500 and not go for the extension.

Thanks sertra2002 for a quick response.

I would go and have my H1 extended.