Help: I-140 approval notice lost in mail

kleinehase

Registered Users (C)
I got email notice from USCIS on 8/1 stating that my I-140 has been approved. But I have not received anything from them. When I contacted my lawyer, he said he didn't receive anything either. So it is probably lost in mail or lost at my lawyer's office (although he probably will deny this possibility).

My lawyer said we can either file I-824 and pay $200 to get a copy or forget about it and use the receipt notice to file 485 when it is time for it.

Does anyone have similar experience and managed to get a copy of the approval notice without paying the $200? Any help is much appreciated.

kleinehase said:
I got email notice from USCIS on 8/1 stating that my I-140 has been approved. But I have not received anything from them. When I contacted my lawyer, he said he didn't receive anything either. So it is probably lost in mail or lost at my lawyer's office (although he probably will deny this possibility).

My lawyer said we can either file I-824 and pay $200 to get a copy or forget about it and use the receipt notice to file 485 when it is time for it.

Does anyone have similar experience and managed to get a copy of the approval notice without paying the $200? Any help is much appreciated.

Use the receiept notice and Printout of the approval on the web site.