Help! Help! This close still far!

Nairji

Registered Users (C)
I moved out of st.louis on Feb end. Before relocating, I contacted stlouis local office and asked them if I keep my apartment for few more months, could they arrange an interview? They told they don't know how long it may take. So right away I gave my change of address. Even then after a week, the stlouis office sent me an int letter for March 20th. But a day before I received it, I sent another change of address letter to stl to speed up the whole damn transfer to Kcity. Anybody experienced any such weird things? I don't know whether to stay quiet or go and talk with them and then try to get an apartment for a month. I'm not sure if things will turn ugly if I show my face again. Help out guys!

Nairji
I have no experience in such a situation.
I have dealt with local offices just enough to know that the files do not get transferred instantaneously and takes more time when they transfer to another local office.
Would be better if you personally to the local INS and let them hear your case out. The IIO there could pull your physical files and put a note on them and make updates.
I think it is worth giving a try.
they are experienced in such situations and dont consider this a big deal. The cases filed with local INS take a long time and the applicants move all the time.
I have known cases where even after moving the person had to go back to the old local INS to get the files moevd.
My 2 cents. From the owrd of mouth.
All the best

to nairji

when they say transferred to another office, they sent the physical file the same day. Stl office might not do your interview if they don't have the file. Its worth a try.
INS won't do anything neg if you show up your face.

An update

I visited the st.louis office and like adjustee said they still had my file. I asked them to cancel my address change request. Now the old apt a.holes don't want to extend my lease for just a month until my interview is over since I mentioned ''INS'' to them. Now they are scared. Sweet jesus, I become more religious cause of INS.

PS.
And I heard the IIO telling a Mexican dude ''Honey, Immigration is over". Dude was stunned like a quesadilla. No offense pls.

Never give people more information than they need to know. You should have come up with a better story about your job situation etc and they would have probably allowed you to stay on for 1 more month.

The fun never stops

Well, well, now my case is gone to KCITY. IIO told me shes gonna try to get it back. Fun never stops, except for the fire in my ass.