ct485

Registered Users (C)
my i-485 's nd is 12/2001
no any news yet,

but my 6 years H-1will be expired next Feb,
What should I do right now?
I heard that there is a law allow us to extend the 7th year for H-1,
IF this is ture, what can I do?
another option is apply for the EAD, does anyone know how long it going to take in new york,

Any help will be appreicate.

I would say do both.

H1B 7th year extension may take upto an year. One of my friend applied almost 8 months back and still waiting. But I beleive you continue to work as soon as you receive the receipt.

You may also want to apply for EAD as a back up incase you have problems getting extension for whatever reason. EAD generally takes 3 months.

Why the hell you didn't apply for EAD. Do you want become a millionaire by saving $120? Apply for EAD asap. Or Pay $1000 to do premium processing for 7th year H1-extension. It is taking, depending on your fate, close to six months now for ordinary processing.

apply for EAD ASAP and you should get it in 90 days.
If not then you can apply for Interim EAD after 90days.
You seem to have exactly 90 days left so don't waste any more time.

All the Best

It is imperative that you apply for your EAD.
It will save you a lot of headaches.
You will then have to apply for an AP (Advanced Parole) so you can travel in and out of the country freely.
Both are valid for a year - after which they need to be renewed.

Do it ASAP.

ct485,
apply EAD immediately. Since your rd is 12/2001, Your EAD application may trigger a movement on your case.

Best of luck.

I asked this before but never received any response.

Are EAD and AP applications processed by the same officers processing the I485 applications ?

Will applying EAD/AP trigger any movement on I485 ?

Thanks

EAD/AP

Can be processed by different officers if they are mailed separetely..........................................

[Originally posted by pingpong02
I asked this before but never received any response.

Are EAD and AP applications processed by the same officers processing the I485 applications ?

Not necessarilty. It may be processed by different officers.

Will applying EAD/AP trigger any movement on I485 ?
Thanks

I don't think so. I485 is driven by the priority date and the receipt date of I485. And EAD/AP processing may atmost check whether your 485 procesing is valid or not.

Raj Chandra,
I do accept with you. But I have seen some cases in this forum, triggered FP2 after sending ead application form.

This is what I am thinking.

Officer who is seeing EAD application form, sees application is pending for long time, kind enough to put that application in process queue. This will trigger a action.

Making a guess here.

I am 100 % sure about queue process. I confirmed this with bcis officer

one more question, do we need lawyer to apply EAD for us, or we can do it by ourself?
please help!!

Originally posted by manumahi
Raj Chandra,
I do accept with you. But I have seen some cases in this forum, triggered FP2 after sending ead application form.

This is what I am thinking.

Officer who is seeing EAD application form, sees application is pending for long time, kind enough to put that application in process queue. This will trigger a action.

Making a guess here.

I am 100 % sure about queue process. I confirmed this with bcis officer

manumahi,

Thanks for the pointers.

Raj

ct485,
You do not need a lawyer to file for EAD.
I did it myself for self and spouse and was approved within 45 days

hi, sawnaning,
did you use e-fileing or paper-based form?
and do you mail to the address that appear in your i-485 receipt?
please relpy

Originally posted by ct485
hi, sawnaning,
did you use e-fileing or paper-based form?

and do you mail to the address that appear in your i-485 receipt?
please relpy

I did paper based form and sent to the same address as in the I-485 receipt.
Also send it via Priority mail with delivery confirmation so you know that your application has definately reached them.
When you check is realized by BCIS, they stamp the EAC# on the back of the check.sometimes you get the check (stamped from your bank) before the reciept notice.That will help you track your case too

sawnanig
just want to make sure which category you put in NO. 16 question,
Adjustment Applicant ---(c)(9)
or
Adjustment Applicant Based on Continuous Residence Since Jan 1, 1971---(1)(16)

Hi,

I am in the similar situation. My H1 6 year limit is expiring on 31st Jan 2004 and my 485 is pending since July 2002. My attorny mailed EAD application yesterday.

Now, If I don't get my EAD befor 31st Jan, I know I wont be able to work.

- How it is going to effect my GC process.
- If I go to local office in first week of Feb. to get iEAD, will I have any problem becuase h1 is expired, stamping on the passport expired.
- It is possible to file premium processing for 7th year extention in last week of Jan.

Thank you. Your imputs will be highly appreciated,

Thank you in advance

90 days for EAD...

If your EAD was mailed yesterday,....than it will be already 90 days before Ur H1 expires...
HEnce U will be able to get interim EAD...

HEnce no problems...

Hope it works for U