Help - GC under Labor Substitution - Future Employment.

SSDas

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Last year, I had applied for my GC under Labor Substitution (EB2) on Future employment basis. So, I continued working for my current employer. I-140 and I-485 filed in 06/2005. This month, I got my I-485 approved. Waiting for the GC.

The company through which I got the LC is planning to close the company, as the owner is no more interested in running this company. So, after I receive my GC, it would not be possible for me to join the company and would continue with my present employer (I am with my present employer for last 6 years). My current salary is more than double of the substituted LC salary. What are the legal implecations of this? Will USCIS object to my continuing with my employer and force me to join the company who did my GC? I am getting all conflicting feedbacks from different people I speak to. I am yet to ask this question to my GC Attorney, Rajiv Khanna. Any information and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

SSDas

However, you said the company is PLANING to close the business. Although your GC may not be revoked, it leaves a question whether it is a fraud from the beginning. No wonder the USCIS and DOL want to terminate the LC substitution. Do they do it wrong? You are the lucky one, though.