Help!!!! GC/LC ....

Pareshan

Registered Users (C)
Any one can please tell me about how this works? some of my friends told me that I can find a compnay with approved labor certification and ask them to to do my green card. That way I don;t hvae to wait for Labor certification.

I have nine months remaining on my H1.

Did any one have done this?

Do I need another H1 with this company doing my green card or they can process my green card without H1 (future GC????)?

I know a company which already have a approved LC but not I am not sure how this works so I am asking for help.

Any thought????????

thanks in advance.

Pareshan..

Yes It's true. It's called Labor Substitution. Only thing is the Experience/Qualifications mentioned in the Approved Labor should be 99% matching yours.

You do not need new H1 for the company. Just apply for I-140/I-485 as Labor Substitution case & when you get EAD join the new company.

Many have done it. Some cases got rejected mostly because not matching of candidate with LC.

good luck

LC substitution

I am a DBA and am thinking of going for LC substitution. I have less than 360 days for my current H1B to expire.

My labor certification was pending with DOL for more than a year and was remanded to SWA recently (from RIR to non-RIR).

Would, it be advicible to switch to the company which is willing to do the LC substitution. Or, should I continue with my current employer.

If I switch to the new company, how long can I legally stay in the US. (say, they do concurrent filing. Note I have less than a year on my H1B)

Thanks,

gs124

Based on information you have given, we can't say much.

It all depends upon how your skill set matches with the approved LC. You also have to look into the financial health of the sponsering company to get 140 approved.

Anyway, following options you have:

1) AC 21, as amended by DOJ Authorization Act: If a labor certification application is pending or I-140 is pending and 365 (oops!) day has passed, he/she can apply for H-1B extension indefinitely in one-year increment until the decision is made one way or another. If approved, it continues until the green card is approved. If denied during any stage of the employment-based proceedings (LC or I-140 or I-485), then H-1B is terminated and no extension is available.

2) 245(K) Relief: Even with the exhaustion of the foregoing options, should he/she not be able to get the legal status extended, 245(k) provision should be used, which allows him/her to file I-140/I-485 concurrent filing inasmuch as the labor certification is approved in 6 months from the date of expiration of H-1B status. This law forgives out of status or unauthorized employment for less than 6 months for the purpose of filing I-485 application. He/she does not even have to pay $1,000 penalty which is required in 245(i) cases. Cabeat: Even if one is eligible for 245(k), he/she remains "illegal" until I-485 is filed and can be arrested and deported. Once I-485 is filed and receipted, he/she remains in status until I-485 is decided. This is analogous to the H-1B person who loses the job and after a short period files a new H-1B petition through a new petition. If "extraordinary circumstances" is established, the INS can approve such new petition, but until the decision is made, the H-1B alien remains an "illegal" alien and can be arrested and deported. Another example is 245(i). Once I-485 is filed and receipted using 245(i) relief, the alien remains in status, but until I-485 is actually filed, he/she can be arrested and deported.

3) Application for Change of Nonimmigrant Status: If one is not eligible for any one of the foregoing options, he/she should file I-539 applications timely to maintain the legal status until the labor certification is approved. Once labor certification is approved, one can file one-step I-140/I-485 quickly and continue the legal status and get the EAD for work. Under the law, the alien maintains a legal status pending a nonfrivolous application for change or extension of nonimmigrant status until it is decided.

Source: www.immigration-law.com

Thanks Friend!

I have a company who said he has a LC for a DBA position. But I am not sure how much it suites my profile.

1, Assuming it matches my profile, do I still need more than 365 days for me to stay legally, once the concurrent filing is done.

2, Say, If I continue with the current employer what is the criteria for the H1B extention? (I have filed for the LC 2+ years before). Is the extention not limited to 3 (total of three extentions each one year)?

regards.

See Inline........

1, Assuming it matches my profile, do I still need more than 365 days for me to stay legally, once the concurrent filing is done.

Once you have concurrently filled the petition (I am assuming you are talking about 140/485), you don't need to think about your status. Pending 485 will keep you in status and it's upto you if you continue to work on H1.

2, Say, If I continue with the current employer what is the criteria for the H1B extention? (I have filed for the LC 2+ years before). Is the extention not limited to 3 (total of three extentions each one year)?

LC or 140 pending over a year is the only criteria.
There is no three (year or time) limit on H-1B extension. One can increment until the decision is made one way or another

Thanks again Usnycus,

Does that mean that just by applying for 485, I can stay on the status? (no minimum period since applying??)