Help!! fp done, got laid off.

steve1999

Registered Users (C)
Help please, did up Dec. 19th. now got laid off, can I find another job without affecting my AC processing.

No Title

have u complete 180 days after filing i485 then you can find another job in the same field and not worry

No Title

thanks, but my i-485 was filed before the day oct. 17th, on which s. 2045 became law. can i still take advantage of this law?

No Title

In fact that could be a strong point for you to argue in the court with INS (if it really comes to that) if INS says the law doesn\'t apply to you. For now, if you get a job soon that will be a good thing. I hope you have an approved EAD becuase the new employer may not be able to employ you because they have to comply with I9 requirement (this is only when you want the processing to continue). You may be lucky that if no RFE is issued, you will be approved automatically.

Definitely check with a lawyer...

BK

No Title

Regardless of the enactment date of AC-21 (American Competetiveness 21st Cent....)Once you have completed 180 days after 485 you are eligible I am positve because INS CAN NOT DISCREMINATE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE WAITED SUCH A LONG TIME BECAUSE OF THEIR LAZYNESS. Still check with lawyer. Infact there is lot of BS going on about the actual implementation date and INS guideline in March 2001 but that all is MISINTERPRETATION OF LAW AND THEIR BY CONFUSING IMMIGRANTS SO THAT LAWYERS CAN RIP YOU OFF...

If anybody has doubts start another discussion and I will try to explain asmuch as I can.
Thanks

No Title

Thanks, all of you. i filed my EAD renewal. i hope I could get it before I start my next job. What is I9 requirement?

No Title

Hanuman,

I read on various lawyers websites (MURTHY.COM to name one) currently AILA is arguing with INS that the law should apply to everybody and INS has mentioned that the regulations are due out in April 2001. However, I really wish what you mentioned becomes a reality. No matter how much people debate (no offense meant to you or anyone in anyway) it really boils down how INS thinks (which sucks) and interprets the law (no offense meant to you in anyway).

BK