Help for NIW and EB1-EA

prince101

Registered Users (C)
I filed following two applications to NSC in September 2003
1. EB1-EA RD September 17th 2003. I received RFE in June 2004. RFE had all the general criteria nothing specific. I reformatted the cover letter and send it back. RFE was received on August 24, 2004. No response after that. I am still waiting. Tried several times to call USCIS but received no help at all.
2. NIW RD September 22nd 2003. This application was placed in Russian Scientist category. I wrote to NSC to change my status. No response received. USCIS took two referrals. I recieved two responses form NSC saying that this application is pending.
I do not know what to do at this stage. Does any body have any suggestions?

I will try to answer it. Could you please let me know
(1) how do you know your application is under Russian Scientist Category
(2) Did you apply NIW/EA from USA or from other country
(3) Did you notice any LUD change
(4) Did you change your address

Thanks. The answers are as follows:
1. I applied both applications from US. Both of them were filed to NSC
2. The receipt of my NIW applications says that it has been placed in Russian Scientist category
3. I did not change my address from the date of my filing
4. I do not know what LUD means. If it means the online status. Well it has changed for both applications:
a. EB1.EA says that my extra evidence aws recieved on August 24th, 2004 and it will take 150-180 days. The processing may take less time than indicated beacuse all preliminary work has been done. It had changed in June 2004 as well when RFE was issued.
b.NIW says that case was updated on October 19, 2004 as a result of internal processing of the records of NSC. No word on the status. It still says my application was received on September 23rd, 2003 and it will take 150-180 days for processing.

prince101 said:
Thanks. The answers are as follows:
1. I applied both applications from US. Both of them were filed to NSC
2. The receipt of my NIW applications says that it has been placed in Russian Scientist category
3. I did not change my address from the date of my filing
4. I do not know what LUD means. If it means the online status. Well it has changed for both applications:
a. EB1.EA says that my extra evidence aws recieved on August 24th, 2004 and it will take 150-180 days. The processing may take less time than indicated beacuse all preliminary work has been done. It had changed in June 2004 as well when RFE was issued.
b.NIW says that case was updated on October 19, 2004 as a result of internal processing of the records of NSC. No word on the status. It still says my application was received on September 23rd, 2003 and it will take 150-180 days for processing.

Hi

My NIW application was also received on Sept 23rd, 2003. No word on that either. I initiated an enquiry last month, and I got back a reply in 2 weeks saying that they havent looked at my files yet. They apologize blah blah blah, and will get to it as soon as possible. I know of a few more Sept filers in 2003 who are stuck. It will be a great help if you keep me posted of how things are going at your end.

Thanks much!

There is very good chance of approval of your EA and NIW both as
(1) Decision based on RFE under EA category is taking more than 3/4 months
(2) I believe as there is no RFE for your NIW case, just they changed LUD......& it also happened also 5/6 months before.

I hope you will get their decisions very soon.....pl. keep posted any further improvements etc

thanks

Well I am very frustrated. RFE for EB1-EA has already passed 8 and 1/2 months. Customer Service never took any referral on this case. First reason was the processing time and now the reason is that RFE cases take longer than usual time. I was told three months longer than processing times. On NIW case I did get two responses on two referrals and the letter said it was pending. There were no apologies.
It is very hard to understand how cases in VSC or CSC gets approved in 2 months whereas my RFE will complete 9 months on May 24th (next week). Also I am going to be in the last year of my H1-B visa in a couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
prince101 said:
Well I am very frustrated. RFE for EB1-EA has already passed 8 and 1/2 months. Customer Service never took me referral on this case. First reason was the processing time and now the reason is that RFE cases take longer than usual time. I was told three months longer than processing times. On NIW case I did get two responses on two referrals and the letter said it was pending. There were no apologies.
It is very hard to understand how cases in VSC or CSC gets approved in 2 months whereas my RFE will complete 9 months on May 24th (next week). Also I am going to be in the last year of my H1-B visa in a couple of months.

Did you try speaking to a visa officer?

prince101 said:
No. I do not know how to speak to a visa officer

Hi prince101,

On your online case status, did they say how long they need to process the RFE? I sent out my response to RFE for both NIW and EB11, and both online case status sayting they need 150 to 180 days to precess. How many days on yours? Thanks.

prince101 said:
Hi Graduation2003:

The online message says 150-180 days and 180 days were completed on Feb. 24th, 2005.

Oh, my god! Now I have no hope. They received my RFE response in April ....But I saw LUD change yesterday. Did you see any LUD change during the long waiting?

Hi Graduation: No nothing has changed since my extra evidence was recieved. I guess you have a good chance sine your LUD has changed. I do no know why it is taking so long for my application. It seems that my case is one of the rarest cases. One of my friend filed NIW in Ist week of September 2003 (to NSC) and received RFE in spetember 2004. He sent extra evidence in December 2004 and received approval in Feb. 2005. So don't worry I think you have a very good chance.

prince101 said:
Hi Graduation: No nothing has changed since my extra evidence was recieved. I guess you have a good chance sine your LUD has changed. I do no know why it is taking so long for my application. It seems that my case is one of the rarest cases. One of my friend filed NIW in Ist week of September 2003 (to NSC) and received RFE in spetember 2004. He sent extra evidence in December 2004 and received approval in Feb. 2005. So don't worry I think you have a very good chance.

Thx, prince101. Good luck for both of us.

Hi do I:
Can you please let me know what CP stands for? I did not submit I-485. I filed two I-140. Both petitions are self petitions. I did not take help form a lawyer or any group.

Hi Price101
cp means consular processing. In I140 application one has to mention that he wants CP or I485 route. Hope it is clear....let me know which one you mentioned in your I140 application.

Prince...
Did you enquire in the meantime again. What is Last Updated Date (LUD) now for your NIW case...........Oct 19 is mentioned in your online status only or also this is your LUD for NIW case.