Help - FBI Certificate

Pacchai_Picchai

Registered Users (C)
We had our FP done in DEC2002. For our Canadian Immigartion the Consul is asking for "FBI Certificate" Can this be procured form FBI since we have already gotten done our FBI FP for our US Immigration? Please help. Thanks.

Pacchai_Picchai,

FBI clearence for Canadian immigration is different. Here's the procedures:

1. Pls go to the local Police Station and ask for FBI Fingerprint Card. Police officer will take your finger print on the card. Probably, they will charge $5 for that.

2. Send this card with Certified check/money order of $18 payable to US Treasury to:

FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division)
SCU, Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306

A copy of the letter should be attached with this that you have received from Canadian Consular office. You will receive FBI check results within 6-8 weeks.

This information is about two yrs old and you can get updated information from their website. I got my Canadian PR two yrs ago.

Canada Immigration

For Canda immigration
You should go to local police station for fingerprints and mension the reason that you need it for canadian immigration.
They may charge you fee $5 or more
Once you take the fingerprint card.
send this along with your address and other details to FBI (You should be able to get more details from canadian web site)
You will get the results back from FBI which you need to forward to canadian immi. dept.

This has nothing to do with US immigration so You cannot use the fingerprints you have taken for US Immigration.

There may be new updates from canada immi. as I have done this 1 year back.

Hope this helps. Don't take this as legal advice.

danny

Thanks fikabir

Thanks fikabir,
But I recall having read in this forum not too long ago that we could get this FBI report by calling the FBI FP number and paying them 18$.
Is it true? Please confirm.
I have got to respond to the Canadian Consul in the next 4 weeks. If I send the FP card etc it might take more than 4 weeks.
Any ideas. Thanks.

Pacchai_Picchai,

I have no idea about the procedure you mentioned. You can call FBI and check whether they can give it to you.

Thanks.