HELP: Does category EB2 has any 485 processing preference to EB3 ?

Ram Kannan

I appreciate if someone clarify. My PD 06/98 Category EB3.PD is current. When some one with EB2 with PD in 98 or 99 files
485 at the same time when I file, will his adjustment of status has any perference based his EB2? Will both EB2 and EB3 applications be processed at the same rate of the speed based on notice date?

Thanks

No Title

Processing is based on notice date (or receipt date). EB2 carries
no advantage over EB3, and vice versa, so long as both PDs are
current.

ciba

No Title

Ciba,

Can you confirm your statement?

Look at the last approvals - all of them are EB2.
(That applies for EAD/AP with some EB1 cases).

I can\'t see any recent EB3 approval, and from the prevoius approved
EB3 cases - none was with ND 12/00 or 01/01. All were old EB3 cases.

No Title

Bull Boy,

Someone raised a similar concern the other day. From the approvals
summarized in the latest tracking, it does appear that EB3 are
falling behind. However, if you look up previous tracking weekly,
you will see some EB3 approvals with recent ND.

ciba

No Title

CSC is processing EB3 ND/nov99 as per IIO and EB2/ND/oct/2000. There is a great difference in EB2 and EB3 category especially if you are from china and India as the PD dates are moving fast and there are lots of 98 & 99 485 nd cases are pending. JIT time doesn\'t indicate that as indicates most EB2 processing times and even the processing times moved back last week.

No Title

it does make a difference in 485 processing between EB2 and EB3 at present. My ND is 99,EB3,india and i am still waiting whereas people in my company with EB2 and ND/2001 got their approval. my lawyers says it is because of too many EB3 applicants with notice data 98 and 99 compared to eb2. hope it helps. i am already waiting more than 1 and 1/2 years in 485 stage just because of EB3 category. Most of my friends with EB3/nd/99 are still waiting.

No Title

The EB3 with very old ND are almost all from India. Those cases
could not be adjudicated due to non-current PDs, and only recently
became eligible for adjudication. Therefore, the general statement
that EB2 carries no advantage over EB3 still holds true. Look at
the approval posted today by wifeontn who is EB3 (other).

ciba

No Title

i agree with ciba. It\'s different processing only in the EB3 india because of too many application becoming current with nd/98 and 99. Whereas EB3 for other countries are approved just like EB2 category. Only EB3 india, the processing dates is dec/99 nd/rd.

No Title

I agree with Ciba and Csc_applicant. EB2/EB3 doesn\'t
matter as long as your PD is current. I485 processing
is based on ND of your I485 application.

-Mitr

No Title

This is just my view
While Eb2/Eb3 category theoretically should take similar processing time , but can anybody confirm that they are no seperate queues for Eb2 & Eb3 applns ? if then
 and that assuming equal number of adjudicating officials are handling both the cases then ?( even though the rate at which each of the appln gets processed may not be exactly the same ).
 Also since Eb3 appln are relatively easy to process ( as they are generally of one broad category unlike eb2 ?!) we should per say see more eb3 approvals than eb2 in any given period,isn\'t that so ? or is it alredy happening I mean all nationalities wide.
All views welcome

No Title

As per IIO, CSC separates EB2 and EB3 application and process it based on nd/rd. Just because of too many EB3 application (especially for INDIA), the processing for EB3 is almost 1 year behind EB2 applications. EB3 for other category is same as EB2. Check with your lawyer also

No Title

Hi old485, when you said "EB3 for other category is same as EB2" do you mean EB3 for other COUNTRY?

No Title

As usual, CSC follows its own rule and ignores the standard way of doing it. This is ridiculus. I have waited 18 months for EB3 140 approval. Wondering, my I482 may take 1-2 years if I apply now.

No Title

yeah. i meant other country. The backlog is only EB3 India and china itseems. For EB3 india, they are processing dec\'99 nd/rd cases according to an IIO