NDOCT99

Registered Users (C)
ID: 9/96 EB3, INDIA
ID: 9/99
ND: 10/4/99
FL: 9/13/00
RE: 02/05/01 for employer letter
RE response rcvd by INS on 02/26/01

03/07/01 case transferred to Local INS (Arlington) for interview.

I was hoping for an approval and instead got this.

Anyone with any experience or suggestion as to how long it could take and what can one do, if at all, to speed it up.

This is ridiculous. Raises doubt in me whether I should pursue this any more or call quits.

NDOCT99

No Title

Sorry to hear that. I think you could try going to the local INS office and inquire about the case. Did your RFE employment letter match your labor job description and salary?

No Title

Thanks ss6

My employer sent the letter directly to INS. I have no clue what did they write in their reply.

NDOCT99

No Title

ask your employer about a copy of the employment letter.
I think they will schedule an interview within three months and not more. my friends case was transferd there last yaer and he got an interview after three months. I live in va too. With Arlington office you should be pushy and go there all the time. As far as i know Arlington office is not doing any i-485 cases and they just process the family kind of cases. So, you should go there and give them hard time. This is what my friend did and he got approval after two months.
They normally dont transfer cases to arlington office unless your lawyer has missed some paper work or you are from Rusia and all that.
but at the end you get your approval and its just a matter of time.
I wish you good luck and try to go there once a week.
Cheers,

No Title

Hi ND99,

Really sorry to hear that your case was transferred to Arlington..
there is one more person whose case was transferred to Arlington...his/her username is \'ASC\'...try and get in touch with him/her. From what I understand (according to \'ASC\')...Arlington takes approximatley 20 months (from the date of your 485 ND...not the application transfer date to Arlington from VSC) from your ND to schedule an interview...\'ASC\' found this out after driving down to Arlington office.

I suggest you go to Arlington office (after a few weeks...would give them time to recieve the file from VSC) and enquire about your case
status.

Also, contacting a Senator might also help....

Did you ever have any status related problems or did your company
name change? just am trying to see the reason why VSC transferred
your case...

Please update us when you know something...

Hope this helps....

No Title

Thanks hasanali and srini123. I deeply appreciate your postings.

Hasanali, I don\'t think that my lawyer has missed any paper work and neither am I from Russia. But I will surely make visit(s) to INS Arlington.

srini123, You are right about my company name change. There could possibly be another problem. My H1 expired on 14 Sep, 1999 and I could have taken another six months extension. My employer didn\'t file for extension of H1 as PD became current. There was a delay in filing 485 from my side and as a result my EAD arrived effective from Oct 25, 1999. Do you see that as a status problem. My employer that time told me that it would be OK. Please respond.

NDOCT99

No Title

Hi ND0CCT99

I am in the same boat as you. My case got transferred to INS Arlington almost 6 months ago. I had been there personally and found that it takes at least 20 months from the RD of 485. It is highly unfortunate but it happened.INS Arlington seems to be the worst time wise. Sorry to disappoint you but this is the truth.

As for going and meeting an IIO at Arlington, I would say this. Go if you must but they will not encourage any questions about the interview. You will be told the same that I have told you.

I also contacted the local Senator. Didn\'t get much help there either. Looks like I will have to wait couple of months more before I receive this call. All my friends who applied along with me have already received their cards.

So don\'t worry, you are not alone.

No Title

Thanks destiny101.

First, lets stay in touch by posting frequently. Do you know any other in the same boat as us? What is your RD/ND, EB category and country?

Going by 20 months for an interview date from RD, it may not be all that bad. Well, a few more months on top of already 4.5 years. Thought of 20 months wait in a new queue at Arlington did upset me.

Do you have any opinion on what kind of cases are transferred to local INS? Are these just randomly picked or ones where INS see a problem?

NDOCT99

No Title

Hi ND99,

Yes, it could potentially be a status problem...but, there is no
reason to panic...as you may have already known, folks who applied
for Labor Cert. before Jan 14th, 1998 are covered under the 245(i)
clause...you have to pay $1000 to INS and be able to get 485 approval.

I don\'t know if that\'s the reason why VSC transferred your file over...I thought VSC by itself (if status is the reason they transferred the file) would take care of it. It is I think, a random
transfer...which is quite unfair, given that you have waited for 4.5 years!

I hate to use cliches...but, since you have waited this long...please be patient...

Please keep us posted.

No Title

Hi destiny101,

Could you please tell us when your file is transferred? Also,
did any IIO (at Arlington INS) tell you that this 20 month time-frame
is such that, you will get an interview notice within a few days of
the 20 month deadline? or it is not a gauranteed one?

Could you please tell us, what if anything transpired from your efforts to get the help of a Senator? it would help us a lot!

Yes, INS Arlington seems to be really bad as far as local INS\'s are concerned...

Please keep us posted...

Thankyou!

No Title

srini123,

are you also unfortunate one transferred to local INS. If so, post your details as well

NDOCT99

No Title

Do you mind posting your RD and ND? My RD: 7/99 and RD: 8/99; Case transferred on 12/18 to Arlington. Still wating for the interview.....

No Title

No, my case isn\'t transferred to Arlington...I just wanted to
be informed of the options I may have, just in case, it does get transferred...my details are RD 11/99, ND 12/99, FP to be done
on 03/13.

No Title

My RD/ND 9/99. EB2 India
My case got transferred in Oct 2000 to INS Arlington. No news yet.

Yes I confirmed from the IIO at Arlington that it takes upto 20 months from the date of RD (NOT from the date of transfer). The same information is also displayed in a notice board at Arlington.

As for why my case might have got transferred ? Well, my case must have been the unfortunate one of the 10% of the cases which routinely get tansferred. There is no problem with my documentation.

As for contacting a Senator, I think it is better not to contact them unless you have a strong reason that your application should be taken up ahead of others. Arlington is strictly FIFO. I did contact the local senator who was helpful in letting me know where my case was (something I knew myself). Beyond that, even the senator felt that Arlington is pretty touchy about pulling up cases ahead unless there is a strong reason to do so.

So, seems like there are three of us right now waiting for interview ar Arlington.
Destiny101 transferred Oct 2000
ASC transferred Dec 2000
NDOCT99 transferred Mar 2001

No doubt it is a wait and watch game. Let us stay in touch.