Haven't received invitation letter for oath ceremony & it's going to be on Oct 24th

orchid99

I called the National Customer Service center and was told that my oath ceremony will be on Oct 24th (Tues). However, I haven't received any invitation letter for the oath ceremony yet until today (Oct 19th). I also went to my local post office and they said they didn't have that letter either.

So I made an Infopass appointment to go to the District Office (to ask them to reprint the invitation letter for my oath ceremony), but the soonest available date (that was given by Infopass) is Oct 26th (Thurs); which is 2 days after my scheduled oath ceremony. :(

My questions are:
A. Can I go to the District Office a day before Oct 24th (my scheduled oath ceremony) and bring all of my documents also my Infopass appointment letter (given date Oct 26th)?
B. Do you think they would let me in to see the immigration officer?

A. Or should I just go to the oath ceremony without having the invitation letter (but bring all the important documents)?
B. Do you think they will let me in to take my oath?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You can go to the District Office without an InfoPass appointment, but...

(at least at the Dallas office)

You stand in a line near the "window" and wait until a time when the window is open and there is *no one* with an InfoPass sheet in their hands waiting. It can be a long wait. Whenever I've had an InfoPass appointment it's been one of the last for the day. They usually send folks home -- one persons said "but I've been here since 7:00am"

Good luck
Brian

Could you please tell NSC phone #?

My case is pretty much same as you. Could you please tell me the phone # to find the status of mine case?

Also, what are you going to do? Are you going to show up on 25 for oath without the letter?

Thanks
KVG

Go for it

Looks like you are in Dallas area. My son also missed letter for oath scheduled on 9/20. In infopass, they said it has been re-scheduled for Oct 24 but refused to give a copy. Gave all details of place, time etc and advised to go without the letter. He got the letter this time. Print out the oath form from USCIS website and fil out all info on back. Take it and your GC with you. Is it in Arlington? All the best.

Kvg,
NSC phone# : (800) 375-5283.
Yes, I am going to show up on 25th for oath without the letter. (At least, I try).

how many days after interview is oath ceremony?

orchid99,

When was your citizenship interview? Mine was completed on Oct 3, 06 and I am wondering when I should expect to receive the oath letter.