Have There Been Any Denials For Education Issues At 140 Stage?

rayman6

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I just wanted to know regd I140 experiences at TSC. Bascially NSC has been very strict and unfair to folks who hv BS degrees in India as they are 3 yr degrees. Nor are they looking at other diplomas (associate degrees over here) and work experience that could be applied. In the US folks do associate degrees which are like 2 yrs or so and later dwn they apply it to credits used and finish their BS.

Pls advise as i would like to file under EB2 at TSC. I hv a BS in Phy and additional 1yr and 7 months of diplomas and 6 years of progressive work experience before entering US. I hv 5 years over here now.

Folks, pls pls do reply and shed some insight on this matter. It would be of tremendous help.

Warm regds

Rayman6;

The problem is that your employer will apply for LC with whatever (EB2 or EB3) you want (since he wants you and you want GC). The people at the Labor department don't scrutinize the academic/job requirements as much as the I140 processing department does(wierd stuff).

Answer these questions:
1) How was your LC filed (EB2/EB3 - I am hoping EB2)?
2) What job are you in(physics or computer or other) right now?
3) Before you entered the U.S., what field did you work(6 years) in (physics or computer or other)?
4) what was the 1yr and 7months diploma for(physics or computer or other)?
5) The five years exp you are in the U.S., is it with the employer that is applying for GC?
5) The five years exp you are in the U.S., what field is it in (physics or computer or other)?

Remember, when people get associates degree and transfer the credits towards the full degree program, those courses that are being transfered should statisfy the full degree program requirements. For Ex: if you get a
2 year associate degree in psychology and try to transfer it towards a mathematics degree, not all courses get transfered; Only the related cources for mathematics degree get transfered.
So 2 years of associates degree in psychology degree and 2 years of mathematics degree doesnot equal to 4 year mathematics degree.

What INS is exactly looking for when you apply for EB2 I140;
1) Get a BS in a field (say physics) and have 5 year progressive work experience in that field (physics).
Note: The 5 years work experince cannot be from the company that is sponsoring the GC.
or
2) Get an MS in a field (say physics) and work for the company (that sponsors for GC) that does work in that field physics.