have a sponsor but no degree, help...

evichevy

Registered Users (C)
I'm a graphic designer, I have over 12 years of work experience in design.
I studied in France, I didn't go to High school but have 3 years of Vocational school in Design and Multimedia (full time), it is really usual in France to choose the vocational school path.
The last school got me a certificate, this class was for professional in design or people with a degree, I entered the class using my work experience, I found document online in french saying that this formation give me studies level 2, which is degree or 1 year before degree I can't figure.

My lawyer told me that my case is tricky and that it could be difficult to secure the H1B.

I found online that 12 years of work experience would qualify for the H1B, is that right?

What do you think? Any advice??

The lawyer is right, it is tricky. It is correct that if you prove that you have 12 years of relevant professional work experience, it can be used as a substitute to the 4-years degree requirement. Also, the studies may help you as well (you need 4 years studies, if your diploma qualifies for 3-years, you need 3 years of working experience past the diploma to fill in the missing 4th year).

This is the work that the lawyer has to do. The lawyer will have to show that your work experience is indeed relevant, and can qualify. It indeed could be difficult. There's nothing much to do about it right now expect for providing as much information and documentation as possible as to your education and previous work experience.

It's tough, but what is good in France, may not be good for the American bureaucracy. You have to be prepared to the case when the H1B application on your behalf is denied.