Have a dirty feeling that I am going to get an RFE

VSC/485

Registered Users (C)
When I initially filed my NIW I-140, VSC screwed up and put my company\'s name as the petitioner in the approval notice even though it was clearly indicated that the application was self-petitioned. I noticed it two months after receiving the approval and brought it to the lawyer\'s notice. She then sent a letter requesting amendment of the petition. About seven months later VSC sent me an amended approval notice (thank God the PD didn\'t change). Then when she filed my I-485, lawyer screwed up and sent the first I-140 approval notice instead of the amended approval notice. Again I brought it to the lawyer\'s attention and she sent them a letter. Never received any communication from VSC indicating that they received this letter. Now I have a dirty feeling they are going to send me an RFE to verify employment. No problem if this happens since I didn\'t change job, but it will just delay approval. Sigh.......

No Title

My case is also NIW, and my lawyer made a mistake to use my employer
as petitioner. But I did not ask my lawyer to change it.

So I want to ask (1) how much chance will I get the RFE, and if I change job, but still work in same area, with another Fortune 500 company and get higher salary, if INS will reopen my case.

Case Info: PD 4/98, RD 8/99, FP 6/00, China

Thanks,

No Title

Why didn\'t you have your lawyer fix it when you noticed the mistake. Well in prinicple you are allowed to change employer if your case is NIW even if it is employer sponsored as long as you can show that you still stayed in the same field. In my opinion it is just a pain in the ass dealing with the INS, so I would like to minimize my interactions with them and not deal with RFEs, intent to deny and all such goodies. So I never switched employers even with a self-petitioned NIW. I\'ll just get it over with and then make my career moves.