Has anyone heard anything when this FREEZE is

I don't think so there is any freeze. The reason they are slowed down because of processing large no. of EAD applications of the recent graduates.

It will be a long wait....

My attorney told me yesterday (5/28) that it's taking almost two years for the EB 485 to be processed in Nebraska. I hope he's wrong. My RD/ND are 2/02 and 3/02.

Good luck to all of us.

whatshappening

Where did you get this information? I thought they had two different sets of people processing EAD and 485 applicaitons.

No, they frequently shift officers to process different applications (especially to time sensitive cases such as the EAD) based on load. I won't be surprised if some resources have been diverted from processing 485 to 765 given this is the peak for processing F1 OPT.

19 months makes more sense

I don't think it's going to get worse. Right now it's taking 19 months for NSC (they are working on Nov. 2001 cases). If you are lucky, you may get it in 18 months (540 days).

I don't think so, j54321, my RD/ND were 9/01 and 10/01, and I am still waiting without any RFE. Talked to IIO several times without any helpful information. Probably have to get my third EAD next month. :-((((((((

Hi,

I talked with an IIO a week ago. He also adjudicated cases and gave me a lot of information. He essentially confirmed what Frodo mentioned. This is the peak season for I765s, so they have quite a bit. I hope things will speed up in another 2-3 months.

Rgds,
sadiq

As it all depends on the officer who is reviewing your case. I saw couple of approvals without any RFE and some approvals in a matter of days after RFE submissions. In my case, I submitted my RFE more than 3 months ago.:eek:

I don't know what is the criteria behind to check any officer efficency and won't be suprised if there is none. You never know in a month or two , this 22 months average processing time may either become 24 months or 20 months.