Has anyone has gotten an interview cancelled?

garrulito

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

When I went to my last infopass appointment about a week ago, the San Antonio DO had just gotten my file from the Boise DO. That is when they determined that they had lost my EAD application and therefore, I had to fill a new one and the faxed it to NBC. By the way, I already got the approval email from NBC.

So, they also told me that they had no record of what had happened in the my interview, even though the officer had told I was approved based on namecheck results. So the officer told me I would get a new interview notice, which I did last Monday, however, I also got a notice of cancellation of appointment today due to "unforeseen circumstances". I normally would not worry about this, but based on the weird things going on with my file in the past, I was wondering if any of you had this notice before? what couls these "unforeseen circumstances" could refer to?

Show up anyhow...go prepared for an interview...the worse thing that could happen is they'll send u home.

On the other hand they could deny ur application if u fail to show up....even though they sent u a cancellation letter.

There've been numerous contributors with such experiences.

Yup...I know what u're thinking....half the time they operate on murphy's law...anything that can go wrong will go wrong....

I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I've never heard them refuse to interview someone that never cancelled his interview appointment but received a cancellation letter....on the other hand I've heard instances where they sent Intent-to-deny notices to folks because they received cancellation letters and failed to show up.

Last edited by a moderator: