Has anybody filed a waiver this month?

jula258

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Has anybody recently filed a no objection waiver to Dept of State? I am just curious to compare the time. I filed two weeks ago and still nothing is online:confused:

Hi, Has anybody recently filed a no objection waiver to Dept of State? I am just curious to compare the time. I filed two weeks ago and still nothing is online:confused:

It takes a while to see online. In my case it took 12 days to see online from date of mailing it to DOS, Missouri.

Has your embassy forwarded No objection letter to DOS, washington.

good luck

Thanks!

If it is 12 days my application should have been online by now :(

My embassy has forwarded a no objection letter almost immediately to Washington DC when I aked them. However, my docs, which I sent to St Lois are not online yet. I am quite worried if the letter from the embassy will not get lost somewhere in DC.

By the way, when I downloaded my Statement of Reason online it downloaded just one page and cut off the other pages - weired.

Thanks, J

J1 Waiver - Exchange Visitor Skills List

I am on an exchange program in Texas Austin on J1 and my program ends in another month. I am subject to the 2 year residency restriction in India under the Skills List starting from the date my exchange program gets over. I have to start the waiver process as soon as I get back. However, I do not know what are the forms that one needs to fill for the No Objection and where do I get those forms? Also, which dept. in the education ministry do I need to approach and where? Also, what should be the contents of the NOC if at all there is a standard format? I have another month here, do you suggest that I start the process here or do I go back and then start it in India?
Also, is it necessary to hire an attorney for this? As you can see, I am really clueless about how to start the process and where to get the appropriate forms for the NOC. Any help from you would be really appreciated.