$$$$$$$$ Has anybody applied for PCC in Washington DC Consulate with passport issued from India $$$

Applied for PCC ay NY consulate

For PCC, went to NY consulate in the morning, wait in Q fr 1.5 hours
and gave the application. Also needed the original pssport to verify. They asked to call after a month and come with original passport again to collect the PCC.

My friend, who had renewed his passport ay NY consulate was asked to
collect the PCC same day evening.

chuck, I applied on 12/6 at washington DC. The lady asked me to call a number next week (i.e., after

dude ap

Did u talk to Mrs. Indira Johnson at 202 939 9867? If you have some other number, please post.

$$$$$$ dude ap & chuck $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I had spoken to Indra Johnson at the number posted n number of times .

She always says that it will take 30 -45 days and there seems to be no system in Washington to know if PCC has arrived earlier.

I had applied on 12/6 and to me they have told it will come after 45 days when I asked them. The ticket number which they have given seems to have no bearing .

Basically one just waits for 45 days ..goes to washington and thats it ......

Call 2029399845

Call that number and speak with this new guy. He is the supervisor for Indra and he is a good guy( as he is new). You tell him your story and he can make Indra work and send your PCC soon. It worked for me. Hope it works for your too. Best of Luck.

yes i called indira at 202 939 9867. my father went to RPO Delhi on the 26th and they say that my ca

would be ready then. I am a bit skeptic though.

Hi iamforcp...did u say u applied in person at DC on 12/6? I applied on that very same day as well (

of ur status. Another question folks: Do the guys in DC FEDEX our application to RPO, or is it a Telex, or simply ordinary mail?

I am trying to figure how long it would normally take for the case to go through to RPO after it is submitted to the DC Consulate. RPO Delhi claims they have not yet (12/26) received my case from the DC Consulate. What a headache!

Applied on 12/14/01....

Guys,
I applied for PCC on 12/14 and sent the MO for the same, but the MO is not cleared yet even after two weeks. Is this normal? Did any of you paid by check / money order and it got cleared?

Thanks

PCC in Wash DC

I got a PCC from the Consulate in Washington DC ( my passport was issued (renewed in DC) in a week. When I gave the application they told me that I would receive a call within a week. Since I did not receive any phone call from the consulate, I went back to them. When I showed them the recipt, they asked me to wait. Waited for ~15 mins and they gave me the police clearance certificate. It seemed to me that they typed it up while I was waiting......

I paid cash in person so I wouldn\'t know how long it normally takes to clear MOs. But keep calling

PCC from Wash DC

When I applied for my PCC, I too was given the 202 number and was asked to call them after 8-10 days (my passport was renewed in DC). However, to my surprize, I received a phone call from the embassy after 3 days saying that the PCC is ready. So, people, don\'t loose faith....

please post when u get your PCC

it looks like the earliest ppl have applied for a PCC here seems to early december. according to the info posted here you should be getting your PCCs within a week or two, latest. please post here when u do get them so that we can know how it really takes.

also what is the charge for each PCC ?

daffy.

$$$$$$ dudeap ...........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I got Phone call from Embassy on 12/31....So I went today and collected the PCC.

Guess yours should be ready

$$$$$hey imforcp....i too collected my PCC today i.e., 1/2/02. Guess we may have run into each other

Basically I had gone to the embassy in the morning to enquire about my PCC since Indira Johnson was not picking up the phone all morning. She seems perennially confused over the phone so I decided to go in person and check things out. The lady at the counter asked me to simply deposit my passport and to come and collect it at 4:30. Luckily I had my passport with me.

By the way...the certificate does not specifically say "PCC" anywhere. Right? it\'s just a statement of no adverse record with an additional stamp in the passport. Please confirm imforcp. THANKS!

iamfor cp and dude_cp

Congrats for PCC. Good Luck for interview.
I also have a feeling, Indira asks us to call after 30-45 days without looking into system.

hi Dudeap and iamforcp

1. I applied for pcc at washington dc on 12/6, i think along with you guys. they told me to call after one month, so should i wait for another 4-5 days or should i call them.
2. Also for collecting pcc do you need to go in morning or just go in evening and collect the pcc.
3. Does this PCC has any king of consulate stamp etc on it or it just a simple typed letter.

Thanks both and are you both expecting cp interview in chennai in feb.

thanks

No Title

Hi all
I have applied for PCC (mailed documents thru FedEx) on 12/24. They say it takes a month to get it. My Passport is issued in india no renewals. Anyone else in the same boat and approximately same time line? I am expecting a Feb interview in Chennai.

Thanks
Sujatha