Hartford, CT - Obtained Intermin EAD

maulikthakkar

Registered Users (C)
Thought of sharing my experience....
My 2nd EAD expires tomorrow. Applied inside 90 day window with Vermont and it's not due until second week of Jan.

My Employer's Attorney told me I will never get it. Other Attornies who had come with their clients at the INS office in Hartford told me I will never get it, some said, it will be Monday.

Infact, the Immigration officer asked us why do we need it. The genuine explanation was it's expiring, we did not apply in the 90 day window and the net result is we will lose our jobs since we are working on EAD. He asked us whether we can verify this with a letter from our employer by noon. We said yes. Got the letters before noon and had our card by 3:00 PM.

Could have applied for a H1B1 if I had a valid existing H1, that I don't have and I have also run out of H1 num_of_years, and cannot apply for a new one.

Another very important thing. I had full understanding that if are denied here, we will have to kiss our jobs goodbye. However, we went there well dressed and spoke with confidence and calm manner, with high amount of positive attitude.
No offense to anyone, but I have seen Indians coming in shabby clothing, unshaven and argue with INS employees. Needless to say this does more harm than good.

Regards,
Maulik