Hartford CT- additional documents requested during interview

Hoky

Registered Users (C)
I took my interview in Hartford, CT on 5/9/2006. The officer asked for my marriage certificate and the birthe certificates of my two children. I did not have these documents (shame on me). He asked me to mail it to him and said it's a very straightforward case and I should get my oath date in 2-3 weeks.

It's been 10 weeks and I am still waiting for the oath date. Has anyone experienced this kind of lag? What is the typical wait period between interview and oath dates if additional documents were requested during the interview. Please advise.

Details:
Priority Date: 2/1/2006
FP date: 4/28/2006
Interview: 5/9/06 in Hartford, CT
Oath date: waiting

Was your application based on 3yr marriage to USC? If not, I see no reason why the IO would care for marriage cert. Ho hum...

good luck
boatbod

No, I am married to an indian citizen. My wife applied with me and already got her citizenship! I am stuck....

Hoky : Did you get your Oath letter? How long it took

Hoky,

Did you get Oath letter? How long it took?

with regards
gcvs

Same here. I was asked for a marriage certificate which I mailed to them on the same day. My interview was 10 days ago. Still waiting...

Did you guys receive any update?

Did you receive anything back? I was also asked to send documents and I did not hear back from Hartford office.

with regards
LM

Why birth certificates for children? Did you apply N400 together with your children? Otherwise, I don't understand the logic behind. What about if you don't have children?

Did any of you received response back from INS

Folks,

Did any of you receive response back after submitting the evidence to HArtford? How long they take?

Thank you

Hoky said:
I took my interview in Hartford, CT on 5/9/2006. The officer asked for my marriage certificate and the birthe certificates of my two children. I did not have these documents (shame on me). He asked me to mail it to him and said it's a very straightforward case and I should get my oath date in 2-3 weeks.

It's been 10 weeks and I am still waiting for the oath date. Has anyone experienced this kind of lag? What is the typical wait period between interview and oath dates if additional documents were requested during the interview. Please advise.

Details:
Priority Date: 2/1/2006
FP date: 4/28/2006
Interview: 5/9/06 in Hartford, CT
Oath date: waiting
Hoky,

Schedule an InfoPass and find out what happened.

Then contact your Congressman/Senator.

If that does not work and if you are willing to spend time and money you can file a lawsuit since 120 days have passed since your Interview.

Hoky,

I can't see the reason that yu were asked for marriage certificate at all. Or maybe your wife is the breadmaker in your family?! This is kind of ridiculous.

LM2006,

Do you mind letting us know what additional documents you were asked to send to them during your interview?

Thanks in advance.

ForCitizenship said:
Hoky,

I can't see the reason that yu were asked for marriage certificate at all. Or maybe your wife is the breadmaker in your family?! This is kind of ridiculous.

LM2006,

Do you mind letting us know what additional documents you were asked to send to them during your interview?

Thanks in advance.
The basic logic is that whatever you have put on the N-400 has to be backed up by documentation. If you list you marriage then be prepared with a marriage certificate. If you have listed children then be prepared with their birth certificates. If you are divorced then be prepared with a divorce document etc. You get the gist. It may seem illogical but the burden of proof is on the applicant. It is ALWAYS better to take more documents than less, otherwise you risk suffering a delay. On this web forum there is a sticky which has a very good list of documents. Read that and take to your interview.

5 year tax docs and other crap

They have asked me to give 5 year tax docs and most of the stuff in the list of the FAQ section. I took them when I went for IV. The officir was running late and she said she will get back, I thought she will send oath ltr, now I see N14.

Simillar to 120 day rule after Interview, is there any deadline for them to get back after giving an N14?

Thanks

LM

As I recall, you have 30 days to respond to the N-14, but there are no specific additional timeframes for USCIS. The 120 day window should still be applicable since you have had your interview.

LM2006 said:
They have asked me to give 5 year tax docs and most of the stuff in the list of the FAQ section. I took them when I went for IV. The officir was running late and she said she will get back, I thought she will send oath ltr, now I see N14.

Simillar to 120 day rule after Interview, is there any deadline for them to get back after giving an N14?

Thanks

LM
Was your citizenship based on marriage??